• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Version 11 New Features?
Post deleted.

Post deleted.

Post deleted
I wont bother replying to any more of your posts

Post deleted...

(11-13-2012, 02:47 PM)cimpp Wrote: WHAT I WILL LIKE TO SEE IN PORTRAIT PROFESSIONAL STUDIO PRO 11 IS FOR IT TO WORK. IT IS A HORRIBLE PROGRAM THAT DESTROYS THE IMAGE COMPLETELY. IT CLOSES DOWN CONTINUOUSLY AS I AM TRYING TO OPEN AN IMAGE. IT FINDS ADDITIONAL FACES WHERE THERE ARE NONE, IN TREES, GARMENTS, WALLS AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TEXTURE. THE IMAGE GETS MOIRE PATTERNS AND MUDDY EFFECTS IF ADJUSTMENTS ARE ADDED TO THE AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENTS PROVIDED BY PP.

I CAN ONLY MENTION WITH CERTAINTY THAT THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK WITH LARGE FILES. I SHOOT WITH A NIKON D800 AND HAVE 32 GIGS OF RAM MEMORY IN MY COMPUTER.

IT DOES NOT WORK AS A PLUGIN AND WHEN USED AS A STANDALONE IT PRODUCES THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE DESCRIBED.

I AM WAITING FOR A SECOND RESPONSE FROM PP.

Have you submitted a support ticket?
PortraitProfessional Forum

(11-16-2012, 11:26 PM)tebogan Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 02:47 PM)cimpp Wrote: WHAT I WILL LIKE TO SEE IN PORTRAIT PROFESSIONAL STUDIO PRO 11 IS FOR IT TO WORK. IT IS A HORRIBLE PROGRAM THAT DESTROYS THE IMAGE COMPLETELY. IT CLOSES DOWN CONTINUOUSLY AS I AM TRYING TO OPEN AN IMAGE. IT FINDS ADDITIONAL FACES WHERE THERE ARE NONE, IN TREES, GARMENTS, WALLS AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TEXTURE. THE IMAGE GETS MOIRE PATTERNS AND MUDDY EFFECTS IF ADJUSTMENTS ARE ADDED TO THE AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENTS PROVIDED BY PP.

I CAN ONLY MENTION WITH CERTAINTY THAT THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK WITH LARGE FILES. I SHOOT WITH A NIKON D800 AND HAVE 32 GIGS OF RAM MEMORY IN MY COMPUTER.

IT DOES NOT WORK AS A PLUGIN AND WHEN USED AS A STANDALONE IT PRODUCES THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE DESCRIBED.

I AM WAITING FOR A SECOND RESPONSE FROM PP.

Have you submitted a support ticket?

Yes, I have thank you.

I tried to delete all of my posts but could not. I was informed that they had taken my complaints very seriously and were working on fixing them. I was also told that a new version would be released in days that will have all these problems fixed.

(11-07-2012, 05:01 PM)keithblan Wrote: From their Facebook page today:-

"We are making some final adjustments to the software before we announce the release of Portrait Professional 11 on our website. Anyone that has already downloaded Portrait Professional 11 can update their license for free when we do the official release."

So it seems as if I've downloaded, and paid for, a beta version !

Presumably the official release announcement will have details of additional/changed features.

Considering some of the issues that have been mentioned in the Forum, I do believe that early updaters were provide with a "Beta Version" which is not appreceiated when you spend considerable time tweeking an image and have the saved image come out unuseable.

Hi,
upgraded to V11 and overall I must say that 11 is a nice improvement vs. V10.

The automatic face detection works way better than before and the way how to select features as well as several pictures is very intuitive.

So far I only have seen one crash saving a slider preset - but could not reproduce that again.

New slider settings are nice, need to check out some more of it before I can give my verdict, but from my point of view the final version is a nice improvement and way better then the beta version of V11 released earlier.

Regards - MacSass

I have tested it with D800 files and have not had a single problem even with a full set of adjustments. It is absolutely great and fast!!!

Hey cimpp,

what version of PP do you use?

Is the Studio version enough to work on full resulution 24 megapixel raw pictures from your camera, or does that require the Studio 64 bit version?

Don´t think it was ever mentioned where the pixel count threshold was, all I know that 18 megapixel do work ...

Thanks for letting us know -

MacSass