• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Version 11 New Features?
Unfortunately I have to ask this each time there is a version change.

Now that Version 11 is rolling out, and it does seem very good, but can we have a detailed breakdown of what exactly is new.

The obvious change is automatic point positioning but considering it is a major change you should be providing a breakdown of all changes in this new release including any bug fixes.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears like previous requests and we wont see version details until the product has been out for 6 months

Uhh,

they did a great job to make sure nobody noticed that version 11 is out ...

Not advertised on the web page, not mentioned on Facebook, not mentioned in the forum announcements ... strange marketing.

I agree to hope to see some release notes (I doubt it given the fact that they even hide they have a new version at all).

How should I decide if it is worth to upgrade if I don´t know what´s new?

Regards - Peter

From their Facebook page today:-

"We are making some final adjustments to the software before we announce the release of Portrait Professional 11 on our website. Anyone that has already downloaded Portrait Professional 11 can update their license for free when we do the official release."

So it seems as if I've downloaded, and paid for, a beta version !

Presumably the official release announcement will have details of additional/changed features.

Not been on here in ages but logged on tonight to discover version 11 has been released why no email to let us know.
Was expecting everyone to be raving about version 11 but no one has even metioned what it does different from version 10
please PP admin tell us why we should pay to upgrade?
The silence is deafening.

Sad 
I like the new time saving auto outline feature in version 11.
However I hate to see the forehead/jaw sculpting feature streamlined to just
a face adjustment which does not seem to give or allow any adjustment to the forehead.
I don't think giving up features is an improvement. I would like to see the forehead/jaw feature placed back into the version 11.Sad

Thanks,

Gerry

As a note, I did find a work around to the missing forehead/jaw sculpting sliders. It seems that you can move the guidance marks in the before portrait and it changes the
adjoining after/portrait shape in real time. This allows a lot of sculpting adjustment in the forehead, even to the point of foreshortening the forehead.

(11-07-2012, 10:30 PM)davie Wrote: Not been on here in ages but logged on tonight to discover version 11 has been released why no email to let us know.
Was expecting everyone to be raving about version 11 but no one has even metioned what it does different from version 10
please PP admin tell us why we should pay to upgrade?
The silence is deafening.

I found out about it by updating my 10.8 version only to find I was asked to pay for the upgrade even though I had bought it on one of those "buy now, get 11 for free"... and that was almost exactly 1 year ago... Nov 9, 2011.

I've already put in my support ticket... as for what is in there, we asked for a lot as customers. It will be interesting.

Guess all those license topics will get straightend out when 11 is released officially. So far they have not let me down on any of my updates.

One comment on V11: I´d prefer to have the buttons for undo/redo and the other buttons on the top moved to a toolbox on the left. Usually there is more room with those widescreen monitors and also in many cases portraits are taken in, uhem, portrait mode instead of landscape - so having room on the left usually unused.

Regards - Peter

what exactely are the new "stunning" features of v11?

WHAT I WILL LIKE TO SEE IN PORTRAIT PROFESSIONAL STUDIO PRO 11 IS FOR IT TO WORK. IT IS A HORRIBLE PROGRAM THAT DESTROYS THE IMAGE COMPLETELY. IT CLOSES DOWN CONTINUOUSLY AS I AM TRYING TO OPEN AN IMAGE. IT FINDS ADDITIONAL FACES WHERE THERE ARE NONE, IN TREES, GARMENTS, WALLS AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TEXTURE. THE IMAGE GETS MOIRE PATTERNS AND MUDDY EFFECTS IF ADJUSTMENTS ARE ADDED TO THE AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENTS PROVIDED BY PP.

I CAN ONLY MENTION WITH CERTAINTY THAT THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK WITH LARGE FILES. I SHOOT WITH A NIKON D800 AND HAVE 32 GIGS OF RAM MEMORY IN MY COMPUTER.

IT DOES NOT WORK AS A PLUGIN AND WHEN USED AS A STANDALONE IT PRODUCES THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE DESCRIBED.

I AM WAITING FOR A SECOND RESPONSE FROM PP.

I agree it is annoying cimpp but no need to put everything in CAPITALS thats the text equivalant of shouting but it doesn't get the point across any better