• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot save edited files
twaits Wrote:
jerrybezdikian Wrote:Following the suggestion posted here, I trashed the application and related preference file, re-installed the software - all to no avail. I open a previously saved session, and the only options available are save and return.

I am using a mac and portrait professional 10 studio. If I have a file on my desktop or go to the file directly in finder and right-click and choolse "open with portrait professional" I have the same problem. After editing the only option is "save and return". If I choose that, then the program shuts down and my edited photo is nowhere to be found.

Hi Twaits,

I managed to solve the problem on my own, and am about to send an email to Portrait Professional's support staff with my findings.
I took another look at the preference pane and observed that an item called 'Auto-Plug-in Mode' was checked. I'm not certain as to what this is especially since I don't have the plug-in installed, nor do I recall ever checking this item (see attached screen capture). I unchecked it, and sure enough, I'm now have all of the save options available to me again. Trashing the application and related files (as was suggested) was not at all necessary. Apparently, with this item checked, the application is (wrongly) assuming that you're working within the plug-in - thus it only gives you the 'save and return' option - 'returning' to the host application from which it assumed you were working within (like PhotoShop).

In any case, I've resolved the matter, and I hope that the solution will work for you as well. I only wish that the developer had brought this to my attention rather than my spending time attempting to get the app to work.

Good luck!
Jerry

Messages In This Thread
Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-16-2011, 04:29 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - admin - 03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - admin - 03-17-2011, 10:36 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-17-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 04-05-2011, 10:09 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - Leo - 04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
RE: Cannot save edited files - ajmazetis - 04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: Cannot save edited files - twaits - 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM