Portrait Pro Forums
Cannot save edited files - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: PortraitPro software (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: User's hints and tips (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Cannot save edited files (/showthread.php?tid=948)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-16-2011

Application does not allow me to "save file as"..... either save and return or save and close are my two options.

Any clues?

I use a mac and have latest sw version

RE: Cannot save edited files - admin - 03-16-2011

You are using it as a plugin. "Save and return" saves the picture and returns to the software you are using the plugin from.

Tony

RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-16-2011

Not sure here but how would I not use the plugin?

RE: Cannot save edited files - admin - 03-17-2011

Just run the software as you would any other piece of software, from the finder. Or am I wrong about you using the software as a plugin?

Tony

RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 03-17-2011

admin Wrote:Just run the software as you would any other piece of software, from the finder.   Or am I wrong about you using the software as a plugin?

Tony

Had to reinstall sw. All is working now.

Thank you!

RE: Cannot save edited files - jerrybezdikian - 04-05-2011

I'm having the same problem, and I'm launching the application from the desktop (not the plug-in from within PhotoShop). Also a Mac user.

RE: Cannot save edited files - ajm56 - 04-05-2011

I had to turn off plug in. It then saves as normal.

RE: Cannot save edited files - Leo - 04-05-2011

Hi,

@Jerrybezdikian just to be clear when running the standalone software you only have the option to save and close?

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

RE: Cannot save edited files - ajmazetis - 04-05-2011

Leo Wrote:If I did not use a plug in for PS in PPS, I can save my work as a jpeg, gif etc. If i use plug in, I can only save and close. I guess because the PPS app thinks I am editing a pic within CS5 which will then allow me to save to jpeg, psd, gif, etc.

Hi,

@Jerrybezdikian just to be clear when running the standalone software you only have the option to save and close?

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

RE: Cannot save edited files - jerrybezdikian - 04-05-2011

Leo Wrote:Hi,

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Hi Leo,

When I launch from the standalone when starting a new project, I am able to save (all save options are available).
When I re-open the session (again, from the standalone) the only option available is 'save and return' - which I'm assuming is the option available while using the plug-in... which I'm not using.

Apparently, the application thinks that I'm using the plug-in. I'm going to try quitting Photoshop (which I really shouldn't have to do) and see if the problem exists.

Regards,
Jerry