• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old People
Word of advice for OLD people (like me).
Get a younger person who knows how to use a computer properly when you want to download or upgrade. Smile
BUT, thanks to the wonderful staff (Julie) and their perserverence, I now have PP Studio installed on my (new) Mac.
I have had time to try it out on a couple of pics and I am VERY happywith the product!!
Highly recommended for anyone. But, as I said , if you're OLD get someone to help you!! Smile

Age is just a number Bob. Today I feel like a 16 year old .......... problem is ........ I don't know where to find one Smile

Or alternately, you could dedicate some time to actually leaning to use your computer on your own.

PerroneFord Wrote:Or alternately, you could dedicate some time to actually leaning to use your computer on your own.

Actually, the problem is in the upgrade process.
When I upgraded, the screen didn't show any download links and there was no indication that they should have been there.

Only after filing a trouble ticket did I get resolution and actually the download links appeared.

I'm 70 with almost 30 years of hands-on computer experience from the first PC until now, ran an Internet business until 3 years ago, was an IT consultant and still got fooled by a defective upgrade system.

So, PerroneFord, don't be a smarmy schmuck.

Well llorton, I am not quite your age, but also have nearly 30 years in IT. So allow me to say this:

1. My comments were not directed at you, they were directed at the OP. I am sorry you seem to have taken offense to them.

2. Nothing in the OP's post gave any indication that the issue was anything other than difficulties attributable to age, and presumably to unfamiliarity with computers. Obviously in your case this does not apply.

3. Having several elderly people in my family, and being the younger, tech savvy relative, I am often called upon to help them steer clear of folks trying to take advantage of them and their unfamiliarity with technology. Thus, perhaps I am a bit sensitive to the idea of simply "getting a young person to help."

My intent was not to be a schmuck, as much as it was to encourage someone to spend some time educating themselves and being more self-sufficient. Perhaps that wasn't evident in my posting. And perhaps the upgrade process is so onerous that a veteran of nearly 30 years such as yourself still had difficulty with it. If so, that's very unfortunate.

PerroneFord Wrote: And perhaps the upgrade process is so onerous that a veteran of nearly 30 years such as yourself still had difficulty with it.  If so, that's very unfortunate.

I didn't say it was onerous; it was defective.
The download links, which should have appeared in the middle of the screen did not. And there was no way for me to know that the links should have been there in that spot until a day later when I actually saw a proper screen.

A well-designed screen should have had a static box in which the download link would appear. If links didn't appear, there would been a clue that there was an error. Instead there was just an innocuous space so no error could be inferred.

PerroneFord Wrote:Or alternately, you could dedicate some time to actually leaning to use your computer on your own.

I am, I am!! Smile
Actually just got the new Mac and am still learning how to drive a lot of it.
The thing that happened is that I didn't READ the page properly.
As to learning the computer. I don't really have a problem, MOST OF THE TIME. It's only when I think I know what I'm doing and DON'T read the instructions properly.
The poor staff at a lot of these program suppliers must get so ......... well just a bit upset with those that can't follow instructions AND THEN BLAME THE SUPPLIER FOR THE PROBLEM!!
Anyhow, now that I have it installed properly I AM TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT. It works BRILLIANTLY