• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version Ten Upgrade Issue
Sad 
I am *not* a happy camper right now. First of all, I received several emails telling me how LUCKY I was to be eligible for the free v.10 upgrade only to find that I had to pay for it. Yay me. No biggie - were I not to get this message. I am an instant gratification kind of a gal, so add that to paying to a product that I had been being emailed about for months that should have been free (according to all the emails), and well, I am quite irritated. Here is the message:

"The token is for the version upgrade, so it cannot be upgraded."

Um, hello? I have V.9. My card has already been charged...for a version that was supposed to be free.

But whatever. If it actually *worked* when I *paid* for it, I wouldn't be so grouchy. Rolleyes Tongue

Help, please.

Love,

A loyal, but REALLY PO'd customer

KirstenMary Wrote:I am *not* a happy camper right now.  First of all, I received several emails telling me how LUCKY I was to be eligible for the free v.10 upgrade only to find that I had to pay for it.  Yay me.  No biggie - were I not to get this message.  I am an instant gratification kind of a gal, so add that to paying to a product that I had been being emailed about for months that should have been free (according to all the emails), and well, I am quite irritated.  Here is the message:

"The token is for the version upgrade, so it cannot be upgraded."  

Um, hello?  I have V.9.  My card has already been charged...for a version that was supposed to be free.

But whatever.  If it actually *worked* when I *paid* for it, I wouldn't be so grouchy.  Rolleyes Tongue

Help, please.

Love,

A loyal, but REALLY PO'd customer

I should also add that I opened a ticket on this, so hopefully I will hear back soon. To the admins, I am sorry for my tone. I really wanted the code to work. I love the program, and when the code didn't work, I was very disappointed.

Anyway, here's what I did. I selected my current version - Studio v.9. I was told I could upgrade to Studio v.10 for $29.95 - which I did. I paid, it went though, and I got the code. When I entered the code for the download, I received the above message. Please help.

Thanks so much.

After a night's sleep and finally being away from my three screaming kids, I'm not so PO'd - I'm just really bummed. Sad

I am in the EXACT same state of mind. I just paid to updgrade from 9 to the Studio 64 version of 10. And this convoluted token business is terrible. I WAS NOT given a download link to the software I was charged $89 for and I'm angry. This system is absolutely terrible. I also love the product. I remember going through this exact problem during the last updgrade. I've taken out a ticket and hope I'm answered quickly.

I have just been sent the information from support. Thank you. I look forward to using the product. Sorry for the crankiness.

Customer Service is GREAT!!!!!!!! I was sent a new code and a link that worked PERFECTLY!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

So far I only found one big problem with Version 10 and that after I retouch a photo and go to save it. Most of the time when I save it and open another photo the before photo drops across the finish photo in a horizonatal pictrure. Now I have two pictures showing. the finish picture in the background and the before picture laying horizonatal in front of it.
When I go back to my picture file, I find the file with the pp after it, is in the horizonatal and no retouch and the edit one is gone. HELP!!
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I'm not sure I understand your problem. However there were some circumstances where the saved picture wasn't the same as the picture on your screen, but this issue has been fixed now. Look to see if there is a button saying there is a newer version available in the bottom right of the screen when your first load PP. See if upgrading helps you.

Tony

Tony,
Thanks for the reply, but there is no button for a newer version.  Went to HELP and under check for new updates a small window pops up saying (No update available you are using P.P. studio V10.0 this is the latest version).  Do I need to reload the program?? If you e-mail me I'll send a picture of my screen.

The best is for you to open a support ticket. You can open a support ticket from within our FAQ.

Tony