• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for small camera with low shutter lag and high zoom
Hi! I've looked through a lot of the posts to find a good pocket-size point and shoot camera that takes great pictures, is low on shutter lag speed and high on optical zoom, but most of what I'm seeing recommended are lower on the zoom scale. What camera do you recommend that meets all of these criteria? The last few years I've used Kodak EasyShare cameras, and I'm not too impressed with what I have. Going on a cruise in a few weeks and want to buy a good camera to take. Thanks.

wardeworth Wrote:Hi! I've looked through a lot of the posts to find a good pocket-size point and shoot camera that takes great pictures, is low on shutter lag speed and high on optical zoom, but most of what I'm seeing recommended are lower on the zoom scale. What camera do you recommend that meets all of these criteria? The last few years I've used Kodak EasyShare cameras, and I'm not too impressed with what I have. Going on a cruise in a few weeks and want to buy a good camera to take. Thanks.

Why not go up a notch from a small point and shoot to something like one of the new Rebel series Canons...(SLR type). They are just great using the completely automatic features, and once you get a bit more comfortable, you can start using the pro features as you progress. They range from 600 to 900 us dollars and come with one or more lenses. I have the T1i and really love it. Takes wonderful pics and yes...you can just turn it on and point and shoot....also takes video. The 15 mp shots are sharp and clear.