• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eyeglass glare correction
I would love to see a feature that would correct for eyeglasses glare! I do portraits for many older men and women and they all wear glasses, it's tedious to do all of them in photoshop.

Second that!

Agreed. This is perhaps the most time-consuming portrait retouching job.

One big problem though relates to pure-white, or near pure-white, reflections, i.e. those with 255, 255, 255 RGB values. In those situations, only a manual recreation of the eye can be done since there's nothing "under" the glare to recover.

It would be a paradigm jump to deal with more than one photo at a time, but maybe a method could be devised for using the visible eye from one take to be used to replace the one obscured by glare. We're often doing that by hand now, so perhaps it could be "automated"?

Definitely second this, too! With respect for the other comment about white flares not having any infomation to work with, I would hope dealing with the typical green reflective flares might be doable. The green color seems fairly consistent, so hopefully recognizable in the eye area that is already recognized.

Add me to the list, anything to help neutralize eyeglass glare/reflections would be very helpful!

Add me to the list for this; being of a "certain age" most of my friends and quite a few of the subjects that I photograph wear spectacles so this would be a great facility.