• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened ?
Great improvements in the last update to version 11 PRO

This is what happened when I was busy with some 30 portraits. Two of them came out like this and I needed to start over.

Any one having the same issue ??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some serious aliasing artifacts there!

Not sure exactly what caused it, but I would look at whether the image was down-sampled or converted when going into PP.

Did you go from a jpg to a tiff? Did you downsample the image significantly?

Was the original image scanned with a scanner?

(11-14-2012, 09:53 PM)drdeano Wrote: Some serious aliasing artifacts there!

Not sure exactly what caused it, but I would look at whether the image was down-sampled or converted when going into PP.

Nope, it was a 16BIT tiff file, 125 MB, this happenend in pp11.

(11-14-2012, 10:08 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote:

Odd.

I'll watch for a solution for this in case I experience the same. I usually work with one image at a time, wonder if working from 30 files caused issues? Computer resources etc.

(11-14-2012, 10:12 PM)drdeano Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 10:08 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote:

Odd.

I'll watch for a solution for this in case I experience the same. I usually work with one image at a time, wonder if working from 30 files caused issues? Computer resources etc.

also being discussed here:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/Foru...76#pid9576

(11-14-2012, 02:45 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote: Great improvements in the last update to version 11 PRO

This is what happened when I was busy with some 30 portraits. Two of them came out like this and I needed to start over.

Log it as a support call, as it won't get dealt with directly on here

I have had the same thing, but randomly

(11-14-2012, 02:45 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote: Great improvements in the last update to version 11 PRO

Hey great special effects though, maybe they can add that to 11!

I put this in another thread but will share it here too:

After doing some editing tonight I can now elaborate on this issue.

I worked on a picture with three faces on and didn't want to do anything too special.

Two of the faces were fine with the basic editing applied, the other face she had a spot on her chine which the basic settings didn't remove so I used the touch up brush to remove it with just a couple of strokes and it looked fine.

When I returned it back to photoshop the two faces that had the basic settings applied looked fine but the one that required a manual change had that moire effect on it.

I was impressed with Ver 11 but this is a major oversight that should have been picked up during testing.

I hope PP fix this pretty soon because the work I was doing meant I had to undo everything and start again and I needed to get these pictures done pretty quickly.

I got this problem since version 10. But at that time, it was only on the background and not the face.

I noticed that if I use blur function in PS, ie, to blur the background, and then call up PP next, I always get this effect. So, to overcome the problem, my workflow is Open image in PS-> Filter PP ->back to PS. So, this means that PP is always the first step, of course (LR may be the first).

I raised a support call regarding this and they have now admitted that there is a problem and they are looking at fixing it. I did suggest that they post this on the forums but I am not holding my breath!