• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any clue as to when Version 11 might be coming out?
It's been almost a year since purchasing V10 thinking V11 was around the corner as promotions seem to indicate. Is there any sort of projection on when that might happen?

Haha... I remember the story of Bill Gate... during the early days, when the target date had passed, he will appear and told the customer that the new version will have many new features that is worth waiting a "little while" longer. Although PP didn't said this, I suppose they do have many new features to surprise you... just give them a little while and at the same time, admire the potential new features at their facebook page. Sorry, I try to stay positive also...

(09-09-2012, 04:58 AM)williamting Wrote: Haha... I remember the story of Bill Gate... during the early days, when the target date had passed, he will appear and told the customer that the new version will have many new features that is worth waiting a "little while" longer. Although PP didn't said this, I suppose they do have many new features to surprise you... just give them a little while and at the same time, admire the potential new features at their facebook page. Sorry, I try to stay positive also...

Thank you for the reply. I'll check out Facebook. I had 9 and wouldn't have upgraded to 10 if the promotion ad hadn't seem to suggest 11 was on it's way shortly. It's been close to a year, haven't seen any mention of things to come and the longer it takes, the more I expect..other than superfluous changes or a new interface.

Ellemat, I found V10 quite sufficient for my use. So, I am just taking an easy attitude. But looking at the images on fb, it is getting me somewhat excited a little. Having said all these, I am of course looking forward to see what new things they have for us.
It seems like you have certain expectation in the new version. I would suggest that you give your suggestion on the new features request page.

(09-10-2012, 02:39 AM)williamting Wrote: Ellemat, I found V10 quite sufficient for my use. So, I am just taking an easy attitude. But looking at the images on fb, it is getting me somewhat excited a little. Having said all these, I am of course looking forward to see what new things they have for us.
It seems like you have certain expectation in the new version. I would suggest that you give your suggestion on the new features request page.

I didn't find V10 much of an improvement over what I was already doing in V9 which I owned. I had participated in a sort of testing of an idea they were considering some time ago which would be a fantastic addition if they were able to accomplish what they were thinking of. Other than that, most of the suggestions I might have, have been addressed on the new features page. The V11 preview pictures on Facebook didn't appear any better to me than the V10 pictures posted so nothing was revealed..the key is in the tools that got the author there...are there additional controls..or an improved face recognition method? A pretty young woman doesn't need much more help than the application has been offering all along but those less fortunate in the attribute department could benefit with additional controls.

Thanks for your sharing. I am not in fashion photography and just use PP for rather simple day-to-day work to enhance the picture. Indeed I am looking forward for more functions/controls. I shall keep my fingers crossed and see what they have to offer.
If I am not mistaken, I skipped version 9. So, I didn't get to experience the differences between V9 and V10.

(09-10-2012, 03:34 AM)ellemat Wrote: The V11 preview pictures on Facebook didn't appear any better to me than the V10 pictures posted so nothing was revealed..

there is a facebook page for pp? where?

(09-10-2012, 04:27 PM)Beta Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 03:34 AM)ellemat Wrote: The V11 preview pictures on Facebook didn't appear any better to me than the V10 pictures posted so nothing was revealed..

there is a facebook page for pp? where?

On Facebook...search for it by Portrait Professional

Still hope to see it on Photokina next week - would be a pity if they miss to show the new version to such a large audience (although they did miss it 2 years ago).

Cheers - MacSass

I´ll report after my visit Tuesday next week ...

Strangely there is no mentioning of any version number on the new designed home page anymore at all ... also no note of a upcoming new version ....

I´ll check on Photokina tomorrow, although I think Anthropics did not have their own booth there but was shown by a partner ...

We will see what they say ...

Regards - MacSass