• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes Head Shape
Have v10.5.1 and am a brand new user. I like the results of the skin treatment, but when going thru all the steps (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.) it results in at least some change in the shape of the model's face, mouth, position of the eyes, among others, which I don't want. This is especially prevalent when the model's face is turned to one side or the other but less than in profile. I tried using "Enhance Skin Only" but the skin selection tool skips areas and results in spotty skin treatment.

What tricks can I use to have the program select the skin areas but not change the shape of the face and lips, placement of the eyes, etc.?

Thanks,

Doug

I changed the title to "Changes Head Shape" because that's what it actually does. It changes the shape of the model's whole head by making it shorter and wider, therefore rounder. Also, the change doesn't happen until just as the picture is saved and you're returned to Photoshop or the file is saved. The change is identical in both the stand alone and plugin versions.

You don't have to accept the default settings....you can simply take all slider back to zero if needed to choose themamount of change you want in any feature.....you can also addmor subtract themareas of them skin you wish to have the effects applied to.

(09-13-2011, 10:44 AM)Kat999 paid='7539 Wrote:You don't have to accept the default settings....you can simply take all slider back to zero if needed to choose themamount of change you want in any feature.....you can also Addmor subtract themareas of themskin you wish to have the effects applied to.

The sliders effect the skin treatment only and I don't have any problem with the skin treatment. I really like what the program does with the skin.

My problem is that the program changes the shape of the models whole head. Specifically, it makes the head shorter and wider, therefore making it rounder. And the change doesn't occur until you save the image and go back to Photoshop or save the file. I've tried it in both the stand alone program and the plugin. It makes the same change in both.

Thanks anyway.

Hello dougaday,

If you do not wish to have any edits on the sculpture of the face, simply turn off the Face Sculpt Controls by toggling the on/off button next to it and the subject's face structure will not be changed from the original image.

Hope this helps.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(09-14-2011, 12:20 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello dougaday,

If you do not wish to have any edits on the sculpture of the face, simply turn off the Face Sculpt Controls by toggling the on/off button next to it and the subject's face structure will not be changed from the original image.

Hope this helps.

Perfect. Thank you very much. It's amazing what you don't see when it's right in front of you! LOL

And you can adjust the slider on the face sculpting features.