• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some healthy food to eat?
I want to know any kind of food that will help me burn more calories and stay healthy. So i'old and im really worried about my weight and how much i eat a day. I haven't had any breakfast since i was in 5th grade and its been 3yrs without it. I know it's a bad idea to skip breakfast but im planning to start any day soon. What are some good choises?

Skipping breakfast is a bad idea if trying to lose weight. Skipping meals will slow your body down. Eating several tiny meals like 4 or 5 all during the day....with the last one no later than 6pm.... will actualy ramp up your metabolism....avoid eating anything white, and skip the sodas....drink water, fresh juices and an occasional glass of tea sweetened with honey and lemon.....if you follow this...you will start to loose weight quickly....good luck!

If you're interested in burning calories there is no magic formula diet. You must increase your activity and combine that with eating wisely. If you are serious about tracking your calories, there are many online calculators and methods you may follow to gauge your daily calorie burn. The only reliable way to know your calorie burn is to get a good quality Heart Rate Monitor (don't waste your time or money on a cheap one!) and wear it during your workouts. The better ones allow you to upload all of the accumulated information to your local computer or to a site the manufacture provides for analysis and review of the data. The Heart Rate Monitor is also useful at the beginning and again on occasion to measure your approximate Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) by wearing it while you are sleeping to get your average Heart Rate and Hourly Calorie burn while essentially doing nothing. This information is also useful as it can give you your METS value which is used by some of the online calculators to compare activities. If you Wikipedia METS (not the MLB baseball team) you'll get a good explanation of that.