• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Edit Photo Later
Lets say I do a retouch then close the photo. Then I decide I want to reopen it and add a little something.

I can't it wants me to place the cross hairs again and re-do the entire face process again?

How can I just re-open an image with just the controls?

If you save your "SESSION"
before you close each time....then you can reopen it and pick up where you left off. .

Kat999 Wrote:If you save your "SESSION"
before you close each time....then you can reopen it and pick up where you left off. .

I now see the save session option but lets say you think you are done and save it out, is there a way to go back in without the all process thing again?

If there is ...I don't know how....if you don't have a pp file saved at the end...and it's now a jpeg or a tiff file....then the software doesn't know that it has ever been processed.

ozphoto, (expert at goofing up PP alterations here). Treat the save session as you would in microsoft word. I believe it asks if you want to overwrite the file if you have saved session already. Just rename it something you will remember. If you save the photo as jpeg or tiff when you open it back up check the "enhance skin only" button.
I hope this helps
Vince

vedwardsphotography Wrote:ozphoto, (expert at goofing up PP alterations here). Treat the save session as you would in microsoft word. I believe it asks if you want to overwrite the file if you have saved session already. Just rename it something you will remember. If you save the photo as jpeg or tiff when you open it back up check the "enhance skin only" button.
I hope this helps
Vince

ok something is not right here, I just finished a shoot and I have a model on the screen but there is no "save session" to select. There is only a save and return which takes me back to Lightroom with the finished portrait.

Not sure what's happening...since I don't use the program as a plug in...I just use it as a stand alone...I just keep my other edit software up on the screen and flip between them when I need to. When you are working on an image in PP...are you saying that the save session button is not there? Of course if you are switching back to your other program it will save the treated image to that software...but it should let you save the session before you do that...so that when you come back to PP you can bring the session of choice back up...afraid I have no clue....sorry.

Kat999 Wrote:Not sure what's happening...since I don't use the program as a plug in...I just use it as a stand alone...I just keep my other edit software up on the screen and flip between them when I need to. When you are working on an image in PP...are you saying that the save session button is not there? Of course if you are switching back to your other program it will save the treated image to that software...but it should let you save the session before you do that...so that when you come back to PP you can bring the session of choice back up...afraid I have no clue....sorry.

ok thanks I will send a support ticket to PP for help on this.

thanks for all your help.

There is no save as session option when using PP as a plugin because lightroom as Photoshop, lightroom etc don't support our session format.

Tony

I see thanks, if I want to save a session I will then use PP as a standalone program.

Cheers