• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
less than full face
(11-08-2011, 05:44 AM)Vims Wrote: [quote='dlanter' pid='549' dateline='1188647680']
Is it possible to use pp with a profile shot? If so, how would you bypass one eye selection, etc? Also, is it better to do other editing before or after the pp conversion?
I just bought the program an hour ago after playing with the demo last night and I already love it. It will save hours in photoshop. Thanks
This version does support 'profile shots' - once you select female/male look toward the bottom of the tool panel and you will see a button 'profile view' -

Editing can be done before/after and it is really up to the user - I find that in my workflow it is better to do the 'Portrait Professional' first and any additional afterward. I done it both ways but that is my preference.

Hope this helps!

Regards
George

I have two similar problems. I have a shot where I have photographed only half of the face head-on and I have another shot where the model's hair is covering one eye completely.

Where do I place my points for the first and in the second, PP tried to "enhance" the invisible eye causing artifacts.

(11-28-2011, 12:19 AM)djinoz Wrote: I have two similar problems. I have a shot where I have photographed only half of the face head-on and I have another shot where the model's hair is covering one eye completely.

Where do I place my points for the first and in the second, PP tried to "enhance" the invisible eye causing artifacts.

Would it be possible to upload the 2 images in question so that those in the forum can assist?
Thanks

Tom

PortraitProfessional Forum

Here they are. Where would one place the "points" with these images?

(11-30-2011, 12:55 PM)djinoz Wrote: Here they are. Where would one place the "points" with these images?
Simply estimate where the outer corner of eye under the hair would be and don't stress the details.

As for the half face shot, I'm not sure how to address that one....

(12-01-2011, 03:13 AM)MusicLaw Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 12:55 PM)djinoz Wrote: Here they are. Where would one place the "points" with these images?
Simply estimate where the outer corner of eye under the hair would be and don't stress the details.

I have already tried the "estimate" suggestion and PP tries to "enhance" the invisible eye, leaving artifacts on the hair.

Suggestion ............ duplicate the half face, flip it, patch the two halves together and enhance with PP. Once done, split the face in half again and save the one you want.
Alternative ............ get the model back and get her to sit for a full face shot Smile

(12-02-2011, 12:16 AM)djinoz Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 03:13 AM)MusicLaw Wrote:

I have already tried the "estimate" suggestion and PP tries to "enhance" the invisible eye, leaving artifacts on the hair.

Either turn off the eye effect or go back and try the guess location.

I have had a similar shot and it took a bit of trial and error. Finally, as with a good percentage of the portraits I have shot, I disable the structural facial reconstruction aspects and use the skin and other PP effects.

Hopefully, the next release will have new implementations and improvements in this and other areas.