• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade confusion.
We just got a notice in the mail that if we upgrade to version 10 we will have a free upgrade to the "Masters" version. We just bought Version 10 Studio a few months ago ...I have Version 10.6.1....(as I just updated yesterday)....so I'm a bit confused....what is it I need to upgrade to in order to get the free upgrade to the "Masters" version?

Anyone?

Hello Kat999,

Could you please PM the e-mail address that you used to purchase the upgrade with? I'll then be able to check your license details and purchase date, which will let me find out if you're eligible or not.

Thanks.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

Is there any ETA for the v11 Master Series version release or beta pre-release?

(I just bought PP Studio V10 and have rec'd confirmation that I'm eligible for V11 so that is not in question here.)

Hello MusicLaw,

Sadly I'm not at liberty to divulge our release schedule currently, as it is subject to change depending on a great variety of factors. Rest assured that once the date has been set, it will be publicised on our webpage, the forum and our Facebook page.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(10-30-2011, 08:27 AM)Kat999 Wrote: We just got a notice in the mail that if we upgrade to version 10 we will have a free upgrade to the "Masters" version. We just bought Version 10 Studio a few months ago ...I have Version 10.6.1....(as I just updated yesterday)....so I'm a bit confused....what is it I need to upgrade to in order to get the free upgrade to the "Masters" version?

I 'm kind of in the same confusion.

At the UPGRADE part of the website, you can see your upgrade choices. I have Studio Edition of 10.6.1. When I click UPGRADE on the website, it tells me my upgrade would be Studio Edition 64. Of course, I want to know if I already have that version but the ABOUT page (and the title graphic) doesn't say one way or the other.

I suppose I can do some research and figure it out but then the question would naturally be, "If I have Studio Edition 10 and upgrade to Studio 64, does that count as an upgrade that will get me Master version 11?"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(11-16-2011, 04:16 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello Kat999,

Could you please PM the e-mail address that you used to purchase the upgrade with? I'll then be able to check your license details and purchase date, which will let me find out if you're eligible or not.

Thanks.

I have a similar situtation. I purchased 10 Studio, updated, and am on the 10.6 right now. I do not have a 64 bit machine so there is nothing to upgrade to. Do I get the Master edition free due to a recent purchase?
millerphotography@comcast.net

I have essentially the same problem regarding the upgrade. I am using Portrait Studio that I bought earlier this year. My only upgrade choice is to Studio 64 which is the top of the line of v. 10. I understand that purchasing and upgrade to this version of 10 will entitle me to a free upgrade to version 11. Will the free upgrade to 11 be to an equivalent version, i.e. to whatever the top of the line is in v. 11 or to a lesser version equivalent to Standard or Studio? I will need this information to help me make the decision whether to buy the upgrade or not. Thank you,

I think they mentioned that you get the same level with V11. However, if you don't have a 64bit processor, you won't be using the performance capability of V11 64 bit.

Our, yours and my, version of PP10 Studio is as high as we can go without a 64 bit machine to utilize an upgrade, so we basically don't qualify.

Anthropics, you should give a special price for anyone who bought PP10 fairly recently, such as 3-6 months ago.

Otherwise people (we) are not going to upgrade or buy again, thinking that you will come out with, or announce, another release too close to when we buy.

The other software companies do provide an upgrade price for recent buyers.

Michael
West Hartford, CT USA

Pending any formal policy announcement from Anthropics, I purchased PP Studio V10 (non 64 bit version) in mid-November. Soon thereafter, I too saw the upgrade e-mail. I contacted Antrhopics and was reassured I would qualify for v11 at No Charge.

I have no idea what Anthropics' policy is regarding those who purchased v10 months ago.

If you did not recently purchase the current build, or if you have any question as to your qualifying for v11 at no charge, you may wish to send Anthropics e-mail or PM them here in the Forums.

Hopefully, they will have an accommodating policy to foster and grow enthusiasm for their software.