• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unable to save PP settings in PShop Plugin
I find it extremely annoying that the PShop plug-in version of PPro does not allow the user to save the session settings, the way one can when running PPro as a stand alone program.

Therefore, I tend not to use the plug-in version, because if I do, I cannot come back and make alterations without taking the time to make the face fitting selections and all of the other work in PPro all over again.

I don't see any logical reasons to have omitted the ability to save the settings for a session.

Perhaps Photoshop plug-ins are not allowed to save a file?

If it is doable, I think a lot of PPro users would be very happy to have that capability.

Thanks,

Dan

(10-30-2011, 05:01 AM)Dan ST Wrote: I find it extremely annoying that the PShop plug-in version of PPro does not allow the user to save the session settings, the way one can when running PPro as a stand alone program.

Therefore, I tend not to use the plug-in version, because if I do, I cannot come back and make alterations without taking the time to make the face fitting selections and all of the other work in PPro all over again.

I don't see any logical reasons to have omitted the ability to save the settings for a session.

Perhaps Photoshop plug-ins are not allowed to save a file?

If it is doable, I think a lot of PPro users would be very happy to have that capability.

Thanks,

Dan

I agree 100%, this is the number one issue for me.

+1 - was just coming in to make this feature request. I guess I'll start using the stand-alone version now as I didn't realize this was available there.

I got very accustomed to being able to save and revisit the "_pp" session files when running PP Studio v10 in stand alone mode. It is a great capability. Hopefully a similar ability with a corresponding file naming convention (i.e "_pe") will be built into Smart Photo Editor. Or perhaps, Anthropics may go with an .xmp method.

I have only just begun exploring LR3. Does anyone know if the same session file deficiency (as you have encountered when running PP as a Photoshop plugin) exist when running PP from Lightroom? Also what version(s) of Photoshop are you using? I understand that CS5 has a Smart Objects feature which is getting very high praise by many users of other plugins such as NIK Software, etc.). As I'm still new to Portrait Professional, and am awaiting my PS CS5 upgrade, I don't yet really know how or if PP may work with CS5's Smart Objects, and from what I currently understand such Smart Objects do not exist in LR3.

Throwing all the above out there for discussion....