• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using With Windows 7 64 bit
I am currently using version 9 under XP 32 bit. I will be upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit. I use it in conjunction with Adobe LR and sometimes just by itself. Will version 9 run on Windows 7 64 bit? Does version 10 support Windows 7 64 bit?

Thank you in advance,

Henry

I'm running v10.xx Standard edition on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with no problems. Before I upgraded to v10.xx I was running version 9.xx on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Ultimate x64 with no problems.

Salisbury Wrote:I'm running v10.xx Standard edition on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with no problems.  Before I upgraded to v10.xx I was running version 9.xx on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Ultimate x64 with no problems.

I am running the Studio Edition, do you think there is any issues with version 9. Can you tell me what you found compelling in your upgrade to version 10. The only issue I have is I don't think there are enough points around the mouth and lips. Is that improved in version 10. What do you think?

Henry

There are no more adjustment points around the mouth & lips in v10.1 than there were in v9.xx
I don't use this software in any professional capacity, I'm just a hobbiest. I upgraded to v10.xx because this is fine software, the upgrade was (reasonably) inexpensive and "because it was there !"

I've just read a long, self promoting review of Craig's Actions (Beauty Bar) which have recently won accolades at some photographic show in the US. Portrait Professional does in the blink of an eye what Craig's Actions takes forever ! Notably, comparisons drawn with other software didn't include PP. Portraiture, Photoshop and one other (which slips my memory at present).
If you're not familiar with his stuff you can read about it here http://www.craigsactions.com/

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you upgrade to v10.1

Salisbury Wrote:There are no more adjustment points around the mouth & lips in v10.1 than there were in v9.xx
I don't use this software in any professional capacity, I'm just a hobbiest.  I upgraded to v10.xx because this is fine software, the upgrade was (reasonably) inexpensive and "because it was there !"

I've just read a long, self promoting review of Craig's Actions (Beauty Bar) which have recently won accolades at some photographic show in the US.  Portrait Professional does in the blink of an eye what Craig's Actions takes forever !  Notably, comparisons drawn with other software didn't include PP.  Portraiture, Photoshop and one other (which slips my memory at present).
If you're not familiar with his stuff you can read about it here  http://www.craigsactions.com/

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you upgrade to v10.1

OK, but will version 9 work in a Windows 7 64 bit environment?  Thanks, Henry

Yes - Standard version does, not too sure about Studio

Salisbury Wrote:Yes - Standard version does, not too sure about Studio

Right now I am using the Studio version. You were very generous in providing a complimentary license of version 9 Studio. Would you be able to upgrade us to version 10?

Regards,
Henry