• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Photoshop plug in
I installed Portrait Professional10 Studio Edition. I would like to know how to get it working within Photoshop. Any tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Try this (from the PP help section), worked fine for me....

Studio Edition Only

To bring up this dialog, select File > Settings menu command and the Plugin tab.

This dialog lets you install the Portrait Professional Photoshop plug-in filter.

When you go to this dialog, it will automatically set the path to the "Plug-Ins" folder for the newest version of Photoshop that it has found on your computer. If you have more than one version of Photoshop installed, or if for some reason the Photoshop "Plug-Ins" folder has not been found, you can press the Browse button to bring up a dialog that lets you select the folder to which the plug-in component should be copied.

There are two versions of the plug-in, one for 32 bit versions of Photoshop and one for 64 bit versions. If you are not running a 64 bit version of Windows, or if your Photoshop is older than CS4, then you need the 32 bit plug-in. If you are running the 64 bit version of Photoshop (which must mean you are using a 64 bit version of Windows), then you need the 64 bit plug-in.

When the Portrait Professional Photoshop filter has been installed, you will see an extra submenu called Anthropics in the Filter menu in Photoshop, and in this submenu you will find the Portrait Professional filter.

The Portrait Professional filter works like other Photoshop filters in that it is applied to the current selection (or the whole area if there is no selection) on the current layer. When you select the filter, the image being filtered will automatically be opened in Portrait Professional, which will be run in plug-in mode. Once you have enhanced the image in Portrait Professional, select the Save & Close command from the File menu, and Portrait Professional will close and the enhanced image will be transferred back to Photoshop.

I did what is listed below and I get an error. Problem copying files, please copy the files manually. Error Code 1.

What files do I have to copy?
Thanks

Fl Views Wrote:Try this (from the PP help section), worked fine for me....

Studio Edition Only

To bring up this dialog, select File > Settings menu command and the Plugin tab.

This dialog lets you install the Portrait Professional Photoshop plug-in filter.

When you go to this dialog, it will automatically set the path to the "Plug-Ins" folder for the newest version of Photoshop that it has found on your computer.  If you have more than one version of Photoshop installed, or if for some reason the Photoshop "Plug-Ins" folder has not been found, you can press the Browse button to bring up a dialog that lets you select the folder to which the plug-in component should be copied.

There are two versions of the plug-in, one for 32 bit versions of Photoshop and one for 64 bit versions. If you are not running a 64 bit version of Windows, or if your Photoshop is older than CS4, then you need the 32 bit plug-in. If you are running the 64 bit version of Photoshop (which must mean you are using a 64 bit version of Windows), then you need the 64 bit plug-in.

When the Portrait Professional Photoshop filter has been installed, you will see an extra submenu called Anthropics in the Filter menu in Photoshop, and in this submenu you will find the Portrait Professional filter.

The Portrait Professional filter works like other Photoshop filters in that it is applied to the current selection (or the whole area if there is no selection) on the current layer.  When you select the filter, the image being filtered will automatically be opened in Portrait Professional, which will be run in plug-in mode. Once you have enhanced the image in Portrait Professional, select the Save & Close command from the File menu, and Portrait Professional will close and the enhanced image will be transferred back to Photoshop.

Hi,

Are you running on a Mac or PC?

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

I am running a PC.

Leo Wrote:Hi,

Are you running on a Mac or PC?

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

I've tried the plug in with Elements 9, and so far the preceding instructions have done nothing apart from the error message.  Is there a specific folder?  I have gone into the (x86) where the plug in folder is, and still nothing!

I tried the above advice for CS5. It seemed to work but when I opened PS CS5, there was no plug-in either Antropics or Portrait Professional (studio version).

Hi,

To manually copy the files (for both PC and Mac):

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=69

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Leo Wrote:Hi,

To manually copy the files (for both PC and Mac):

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=69

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Yes, I looked in the plugins folder and the pp launch folder was there, but not showing in the PS filters. I discovered the pp launch folder was empty so I deleted it and copied it again to the PS plugin folder and presto it was there and working. Thanks Leo.

I copied the file manually and its working now.  Pleased with that, and nice way to combine the tools of both programs in tandem on the same image.