• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aperture plugin and masters
Hi

When I use PP plug in on aperture 3 it will place the new pic in the aperture project folder. If I delete the original and save the new one it seems that the master is being deleted with the original and no longer attached to the new edited pic.

So how do I work around this?

Thanks
GDC

Why would you want to delete the original? Personally, when I edit the image, I keep the "original" and the master photo, but I rate it as "rejected" so I don't accidentally click the wrong version. I never delete the "original", because there have been times where my increase in skills has caused me to go back and edit an image from scratch, and come up with something better than I did the first time around.

Just my .02 (or twopence, depending on your location)
The beauty of reality is that we are masters of its creation.

Essence of Imagery Wrote:Why would you want to delete the original?  Personally, when I edit the image, I keep the "original" and the master photo, but I rate it as "rejected" so I don't accidentally click the wrong version.  I never delete the "original", because there have been times where my increase in skills has caused me to go back and edit an image from scratch, and come up with something better than I did the first time around.

Just my .02 (or twopence, depending on your location)

Thanks for the $.02 (USA)

I dont want to delete the master at all. I was just surprised that the edited version is not tied to the master. Im not at my home computer but now I am wondering of Photoshop edits also are not tied to master. Aperture edits are tied to master so I guess I assumed PP would be too.

I did exactly what you are doing with the rejects. I just was hoping I could tie PP edit to master and not have the master show up in aperture, just the version (same as aperture does with its own edits)

I could not agree more about preserving masters especially as technology as great as PP continue to advance and allow more and more salvaging of previously hard to edit pics.

Cheers (guessing you are UK)