• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-activation of PP after clean instalation of Windows
Rolleyes 
OK; I'm sure this has been asked many times before.  How do I get PP to work again after a new installation of Windows, like a fool I tried out Windows Vista.  After a short while I decided it wasn't for me just yet, not while there's so many bugs still in it and while alot of my programs and peripherals don't yet have Vista drivers.  I've gone back to XP now and would like to get PP up and running, I've emailed support a number of times and had no replies as yet.  I've checked my spam eater and set it to keep a copy of anything it kills but nothing from Anthropics

According to Anthropics, you only need to send them an e-mail. They will de-activate your existing token and issue you a new one.
I hope this works as I am about to re-install XP on a troubled machine.

That's correct, you just need to email support@anthropics.com to get the process started. We do respond to every email, so make sure you have sent the email to the correct address.

I've sent all the e-mails using your "contact us" link so the address should have been ok, I've dicovered you have 2 contact us links; one is @anthropics and the other is @portraitprofessional so I've sent a new e-mail to both.  I've also just discovered that Outlook was still set to it's default of HTML and I know some spam filters block everything in that format, so maybe your filters were stopping my e-mails, I've now set it to plain text and sent you 2 more e-mails; surely something must get through to you now.

Hi Mick,

sorry to hear that you are finding it so difficult to contact us.

We automatically reply to all emails sent to support@portraitprofessional.com and support@anthropics.com and we have no spam filters that can stop this automatic reply, so the problem must still be at your end. The automatic replies tell you how to contact us to move installs of the software, but instead I have now manually found your original emails and sent the instructions for this to you. I notice that we have two different email addresses for you so I have emailed both.

If you don't get these emails please just post a private message to me here in the forums giving me your phone number and we'll do it that way.

regards.
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Thanks Gary, all your replies got through OK from your gmail account and from your support**** account so I don't know what happened to the other replies. PP is up and running again; thanks. One more question though, I download quite a bit of free demo's etc; try as you might to get rid of the ones that are no good they always leave bits behind in the registry. I've found the only way to clear everything is to flatten the drive and start again, I do this at least 2 to 3 times a year; will the activation code you sent me work every time I do this?

Hi Mick,

ok, great to hear you are up and running again.

the same token won't work more than once so you have to send us an email when you want to re-install at the moment. We're going to add a web page soon that will make the process of re-installing automatic on our side, so you won't have to wait for somebody at Anthropics to do anything.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Gary Wrote:Hi Mick,

ok, great to hear you are up and running again.

the same token won't work more than once so you have to send us an email when you want to re-install at the moment. We're going to add a web page soon that will make the process of re-installing automatic on our side, so you won't have to wait for somebody at Anthropics to do anything.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Gary i am having the same troubles, i,ve sent various unresponded emails to the General Inquires mailbox and the Support mailbox for reactivation of my token for about 2 weeks now
My email is Neversaycant1@YAHOO.COM
My name is Gilbert King Elisa
Pleade aid me.

Hi, I replied to your email 2 hours after you sent it to the monitored email address.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology Ltd

Gary Wrote:Hi, I replied to your email 2 hours after you sent it to the monitored email address.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology Ltd

Gary I did receive an email which was an automated response e-mail
I have not received an e-mail with such a thread as listed above.

GKE