• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Memory Error
I have purchased Portrait Pro Studio version and have been trying to use it for several weeks. I does a great job making faces look better however. Every time I try to return from plug-in to Lightroom 4 or Photoshop CS3, I get this error message: Out of memory error. The application has exceeded the amount of memory available. To avoid this problem, you will need to work with a smaller image. WTH? Does this mean that the images I shoot with my 5D Mark III are too big to work with this program? If so that's ridiculous. A little help please.

Hi JimdaPhotodude,

It sounds like you may downloaded the 32-bit software of Portrait Pro which is limited to working with images that are 30 megapixels or smaller. If you have a 64-bit system on your computer, I would recommend re-installing the software and installing the 64-bit software of Portrait Pro.

If you have further problems, please contact the support team: http://goo.gl/lQuFn7

(11-11-2014, 04:18 PM)AngAT Wrote: Hi JimdaPhotodude,

It sounds like you may downloaded the 32-bit software of Portrait Pro which is limited to working with images that are 30 megapixels or smaller. If you have a 64-bit system on your computer, I would recommend re-installing the software and installing the 64-bit software of Portrait Pro.

If you have further problems, please contact the support team: http://goo.gl/lQuFn7

The image I tried to work with was just over 22 megapixels according to the image file 3840x5760
I do not have a 64 bit system, but I am aware that the file size is limited to 30 megapixels on the 32 bit system.

You mentioned that the problem occurs when you return to LR or PS. I am just thinking aloud here... is there anything to do with LR or CS3?

I use PP 32 bits version on images 50MB in size with no issue. But at that time, it was on standalone mode.