• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded to V11, and now PP crashes when trying to find a face
Exclamation 
I am in a real crunch, and have submitted tickets with no response. I have a deadline of Tuesday, and have upgraded to V11 three days ago.

If an image has a large face in it, there is no problem. Everything works normally. But I have many images of a model near a waterfall, and it is a full body shot. PP is not recognizing the face, and will quit unexpectedly and returns me to LR4. It leaves a message in PP that said that it's windows closed unexpectedly, and sends a long error report to apple.

There is not even an option to put the markers on the face myself, and I've not found a way to go back to a prior version of PP. I have so much to do before Tuesday...can anyone help? Is there a setting to let me identify the face myself?

I have the latest OS on an iMac.

On Windows, the old version is not deleted. Are you sure that version 10 is removed?

If V10 is really deleted from your system, I would suggest that you uninstall V11 and install V10 back. I think activation will be an issue. You send a support ticket to PP and ask them to provide you with an additional activation for V10 as a standby.

I hope everything turns out fine for you. I can understand your anxiety.

(11-25-2012, 04:05 PM)Bon Wrote: I am in a real crunch, and have submitted tickets with no response. I have a deadline of Tuesday, and have upgraded to V11 three days ago.

If an image has a large face in it, there is no problem. Everything works normally. But I have many images of a model near a waterfall, and it is a full body shot. PP is not recognizing the face, and will quit unexpectedly and returns me to LR4. It leaves a message in PP that said that it's windows closed unexpectedly, and sends a long error report to apple.

There is not even an option to put the markers on the face myself, and I've not found a way to go back to a prior version of PP. I have so much to do before Tuesday...can anyone help? Is there a setting to let me identify the face myself?

I'm in the same boat...just upgraded to 64 bit version 11 and it won't even open a new .JPG file...just crashes and I'm under a deadline too. Are the techs on vacation?...nobody responding to ticket. I realize it was Thanksgiving weekend in the US but thought they were based in England.

(11-26-2012, 02:47 PM)dcyphert Wrote:
(11-25-2012, 04:05 PM)Bon Wrote: I am in a real crunch, and have submitted tickets with no response. I have a deadline of Tuesday, and have upgraded to V11 three days ago.

I'm in the same boat...just upgraded to 64 bit version 11 and it won't even open a new .JPG file...just crashes and I'm under a deadline too. Are the techs on vacation?...nobody responding to ticket. I realize it was Thanksgiving weekend in the US but thought they were based in England.

I found that if I just open the application without trying to open an image, you can set the preference that automatically looks for a face to off. Then it works like it did in the previous version, (only better). I received an answer to my ticket last evening which told me to delete every old version and reinstall the new version. When I did that, all my presets were lost forever, and it did not resolve the issue. This morning I received a notice that it is a "known issue" and they told me about the work around I figured out myself. So..now all my presets are gone, which really stinks.

(11-26-2012, 03:02 PM)Bon Wrote:

I found that if I just open the application without trying to open an image, you can set the preference that automatically looks for a face to off. Then it works like it did in the previous version, (only better). I received an answer to my ticket last evening which told me to delete every old version and reinstall the new version. When I did that, all my presets were lost forever, and it did not resolve the issue. This morning I received a notice that it is a "known issue" and they told me about the work around I figured out myself. So..now all my presets are gone, which really stinks.

The one question I have in the ticket not responded too yet is Do I need to install v11 standard edition before v11 64 bit version...it appears it's more than just an upgrade...I could be wrong.

I'm currently having PC problems and in need of two new HD and a motherboard so hopefully when I do reinstall this will be resolved.

Another issue I have is running v11 on my PC and a laptop, which they told me I could do in an earlier email because they know some of us need a licensed copy in too different locations. The problem is I keep flip-flopping from one PC to the laptop and vice-versa, and keeps asking for token activation...I submit a ticket and they "grant" me another token activation. This has been going on since I purchased v10 back in Feb. 2012

(11-26-2012, 03:26 PM)dcyphert Wrote:

The one question I have in the ticket not responded too yet is Do I need to install v11 standard edition before v11 64 bit version...it appears it's more than just an upgrade...I could be wrong.

I'm currently having PC problems and in need of two new HD and a motherboard so hopefully when I do reinstall this will be resolved.

Another issue I have is running v11 on my PC and a laptop, which they told me I could do in an earlier email because they know some of us need a licensed copy in too different locations. The problem is I keep flip-flopping from one PC to the laptop and vice-versa, and keeps asking for token activation...I submit a ticket and they "grant" me another token activation. This has been going on since I purchased v10 back in Feb. 2012

I've been working with the totally new edition (since I was told to delete everything on my computer that related to PP with explicit instructions). This new version is not working at all like my old version. The skin is not detected properly, the lines do not line up with the face outline EVER, and the hair is not detected AT ALL, and ALL my presets are gone. I sure wish I had my old PP back. I wonder too now, if I needed to install the standard edition before the 64 bit? Maybe that's what is wrong with this version?

64 bit v11 crashes as it starts to open the .jpg, so I can't even get to the preferences to shut off face recognition.

Hello All,

We're very sorry that you're experiencing these problems and we're working on finding the cause and subsequent solution to the issue. Would it be possible to send an example of the image causing this issue to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun? I'll take a look at the problem and pass the steps onto our developers. We seem to believe that the issue occurs with a specific set of criteria and your example images will greatly help us diagnose the issue. The images will only be used for testing and will be deleted once the issue has been resolved.

As this issue is impeding your work, I have a workaround so that you can meet your deadline. Can you please do the following:

Please verify that you are running the latest version of Portrait Professional, you can do this by opening the Standalone Application and going to Help> About . The version number should be 11.1.2. If you are not on this version go to Help> Check For Updates and download the latest version.

Once you have verified that you are running 11.1.2, open Portrait Professional as a standalone application and go to File> Settings (PortraitProfessional> Preferences on Mac).
Here uncheck the automatically mark up Faces box and Portrait Professional will ask you to once again manually mark up the face as it did in version 10.

It is very important that to change this setting you have to run the standalone application as the plug-in mode does not allow access to the settings. You do not need to open an image to access the settings.

Please let us know if this helps and rest assured we're working hard on identifying and resolving this problem.

Warm Regards,

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(11-26-2012, 04:36 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello All,

We're very sorry that you're experiencing these problems and we're working on finding the cause and subsequent solution to the issue. Would it be possible to send an example of the image causing this issue to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun? I'll take a look at the problem and pass the steps onto our developers. We seem to believe that the issue occurs with a specific set of criteria and your example images will greatly help us diagnose the issue. The images will only be used for testing and will be deleted once the issue has been resolved.

As this issue is impeding your work, I have a workaround so that you can meet your deadline. Can you please do the following:

Please verify that you are running the latest version of Portrait Professional, you can do this by opening the Standalone Application and going to Help> About . The version number should be 11.1.2. If you are not on this version go to Help> Check For Updates and download the latest version.

Once you have verified that you are running 11.1.2, open Portrait Professional as a standalone application and go to File> Settings (PortraitProfessional> Preferences on Mac).
Here uncheck the automatically mark up Faces box and Portrait Professional will ask you to once again manually mark up the face as it did in version 10.

It is very important that to change this setting you have to run the standalone application as the plug-in mode does not allow access to the settings. You do not need to open an image to access the settings.

Please let us know if this helps and rest assured we're working hard on identifying and resolving this problem.

Warm Regards,

Arjun

I'd be happy with a reply to ticket #96793.
I completely uninstalled everything, removed all references to PP from my system registry, but at the cost of losing all presets. I will start from scratch once my PC is repaired.

QUESTION: Since I purchased the 64 bit version of v11, do I need to install v11 standard edition first or can I just install from the 64 bit v11 I downloaded?

That being said, my other issue is the tokens supplied at time of purchase is telling me it's already being used. I was told back when I had v10 that I would be permitted to have installed on two different machines. The problem that is ongoing is that I keep being prompted to enter my token to activate it, sometimes on the very same day without ever working on the other PC. Very frustrating. What I need is two seperate licenses, one for my laptop (field use) and one for my office PC. Both running Windows 7 Ultimate.

(11-26-2012, 05:15 PM)dcyphert Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 04:36 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello All,

Warm Regards,

Arjun

I'd be happy with a reply to ticket #96793.
I completely uninstalled everything, removed all references to PP from my system registry, but at the cost of losing all presets. I will start from scratch once my PC is repaired.

QUESTION: Since I purchased the 64 bit version of v11, do I need to install v11 standard edition first or can I just install from the 64 bit v11 I downloaded?

That being said, my other issue is the tokens supplied at time of purchase is telling me it's already being used. I was told back when I had v10 that I would be permitted to have installed on two different machines. The problem that is ongoing is that I keep being prompted to enter my token to activate it, sometimes on the very same day without ever working on the other PC. Very frustrating. What I need is two seperate licenses, one for my laptop (field use) and one for my office PC. Both running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hi Arjun,

I have sent an email containing 3 images that do not work so that you can use them for your testing. Thank you.

Bonnie