• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smile relaxed
    After sharpening the photo of my neice and removing a little foliage from her right ear....I relaxed her smile...in the process I relaxed the rest of her face...like a lot of folks....when they put on a great big fake smile for the camera their cheeks puff out and their whole face seems to push upwards....now she looks like she really does...not as chubby as in the original photo.

It looks good, or rather she looks good. Nice job.Well done.

(11-16-2011, 03:01 AM)garratt15a Wrote: It looks good, or rather she looks good. Nice job.Well done.

Thanks for the kind words.

(02-10-2009, 09:10 PM)macs mom Wrote: After sharpening the photo of my neice and removing a little foliage from her right ear....I relaxed her smile...in the process I relaxed the rest of her face...like a lot of folks....when they put on a great big fake smile for the camera their cheeks puff out and their whole face seems to push upwards....now she looks like she really does...not as chubby as in the original photo.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion but you're absolutely right! Taking a bit of "forced smile" off her really improved the image. Nice job.

(wish the photo were bigger but...Wink)
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

I concur about the improvement to the smile! Nicely done.

Although the posted images are not high resolution, it seems that effect applied to the skin of her cheeks, chin, and nose, seem just a slight bit too much.

It may not be that the actual full resolution shots appear as such.

As a result the posted images suggest her skin does not look natural. Rather, it seems to be bordering on a plastic and waxy appearance.

The original was sent to me as is....I had no hand in scanning or such....I was just using it to see what I could do with it.
This was also one of my earliest tries with this software.

(11-20-2011, 08:49 PM)Kat999 Wrote: The original was sent to me as is....I had no hand in scanning or such....I was just using it to see what I could do with it.
This was also one of my earliest tries with this software.

Now I'm confused...LOL...

Did you do that retouch or did Macs Mom do it? Big Grin
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Lol...I am Macs Mom....I lost my password and changed my email service....so I just went for a new account....I'm one and the same....sorry for the confusion!

(11-22-2011, 12:02 AM)Kat999 Wrote: Lol...I am Macs Mom....I lost my password and changed my email service....so I just went for a new account....I'm one and the same....sorry for the confusion!

OH ! I just noticed that was from 2009 ! Big Grin

NOW I'm on the same sheet of music. Wink

Back to the idea to "relax" the face....basically what I did was realize that a smaller smile will produce a more slider face ...so I just applied a slight bit of face slendering....