• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10.9 version?
I have Portrait Professional Studio v10. I regularly "check for updates" in the program. I currently have v10.8.2 and when I check for an update, it tells me that no updates are available and that v10.8 is the latest version. I see folks referencing v10.9 though, so of course I'm wondering how the heck anyone got this version when the program insists I already have the newest version at 10.8?

How might I get the newer updates to this program if it won't allow me to do it? Is there a direct download link to the latest version someplace? Thank you.

(07-19-2012, 01:32 AM)Hemo2 Wrote: I have Portrait Professional Studio v10. I regularly "check for updates" in the program. I currently have v10.8.2 and when I check for an update, it tells me that no updates are available and that v10.8 is the latest version. I see folks referencing v10.9 though, so of course I'm wondering how the heck anyone got this version when the program insists I already have the newest version at 10.8?

How might I get the newer updates to this program if it won't allow me to do it? Is there a direct download link to the latest version someplace? Thank you.

Are you using a Mac I think Mac versions are slightly different and may show a lower version

Hi Skids. I apologize as I should have included that basic info. I am running the Windows 64-bit version on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

(07-19-2012, 02:35 PM)Hemo2 Wrote: Hi Skids. I apologize as I should have included that basic info. I am running the Windows 64-bit version on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

No probs. I'm not sure then as I recently moved from PC to Mac

You could try going to the download page on the front screen and choose download as if you were a new user to it and see what version it gives you.

(07-20-2012, 01:27 PM)Skids Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 02:35 PM)Hemo2 Wrote: Hi Skids. I apologize as I should have included that basic info. I am running the Windows 64-bit version on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

No probs. I'm not sure then as I recently moved from PC to Mac

You could try going to the download page on the front screen and choose download as if you were a new user to it and see what version it gives you.

I sent them a message asking about this. I'm guessing their 'update check' inside the program, or the website it brings up, isn't working anymore and there is a newer version available. Hopoefully I will get a reply from them clearing this up.

Well, I got a reply back indicating that as far as that person was aware, v10.8.2 was the latest version you can upgrade to. So what is this v10.9.5 that I've seen referenced here and there was a story on PC World about this product and it indicated the version was v10.9? Is there, or isn't there, a Windows version newer than v10.8.2?

If you go to the Portrait Professional web site http://studio.portraitprofessional.com/?...fAod5wkAwA and click on Download Free Trial you get a page titled "Download the latest free trial of Portrait Professional Studio v10.9 Trial".

I get the impression that PP are in a real muddle at the moment not least because they have been offering new buyers a free upgrade to v11 for many months now (or is it almost a year?) with no prediction of when that version will appear.

Yeah, I've gone from excitement about what new features might be in v11 to whether or not it will ever be released. I have to suspect like you do that there are significant internal problems and I wonder if there are any programmers even left working on this product since even the simple "update" feature no longer works.

Wanted to followup since I sent another message asking about the updated version. I received a reply that there is a v10.9.x (not sure what the actual version number is) and that it is such a minor update from v10.8.2 that they didn't make it available via the update feature. Thus, I have to retract my statement that the update feature is broken as they simply aren't making this one available.

I have spoken to them about this and the way they use version numbers because going from a 10.8 to 10.9 version is considered a medium upgrade not a minor one. The major updates would, in this case be The 10 part of the number. Next would be the medium upgrades which is the .8/.9 number and finally the last part would be the very minor updates such as bug fixes e.g. 10.8.2.

To be honest the portrait professional people don't really have a clue about version numbers.

I'm also beginning to wonder if we will ever see a version 11 because they're keeping very tightlipped about it and it has taken far far too long without any hint of what would be included.

It just seems like one big marketing ploy to get people to buy the product in the hope that they will be getting a free upgrade which looks like it might never come?

Portrait professional forum Admins if you disagree with my statements come on here and give your loyal customers some clue of what might be coming and when. You never seem to comment on these forums these days!!!