• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Editing
Hi all,

New to PP 10 and just wanted to know if I should process my images in PS first?

Thanks

Charlie

Hmmm...it might vary from person to person (preferences) and from image to image. I think most of the ones I have done get PPro first.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Hello Charlie,

Slynky is right, it does depend on your personal workflow and how you prefer to deal with images. However, you may be interested to know that our Studio editions allow using Portrait Professional as a plug-in for Photoshop as well as other editing software. It's very useful if you're a Photoshop power user and prefer centralising your editing to Photoshop. Using Portrait Professional as a plugin will give you the same control over the portrait as using PP as a standalone application.

We hope this is of some help.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(09-29-2011, 03:16 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello Charlie,

Slynky is right, it does depend on your personal workflow and how you prefer to deal with images. However, you may be interested to know that our Studio editions allow using Portrait Professional as a plug-in for Photoshop as well as other editing software. It's very useful if you're a Photoshop power user and prefer centralising your editing to Photoshop. Using Portrait Professional as a plugin will give you the same control over the portrait as using PP as a standalone application.

We hope this is of some help.

And that's the version I use.

Typically, I get into an image in PShop and I might do some preliminary work. If there's is a major blemish (like a huge pimple or something), I might take care of it in PShop. Then I go to PPro for its magic. Then I look it over and do any other tweaking I might want afterwards.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

I'm still new to using PP Studio V10. I only shoot RAW. I use Canon Digital Photo Pro, to process all the RAW images.

Any images for PP Studio v10 are batched out as 16 bit TIF to be brought up as a Batch in PP. As each is edited in PP Studio v10 the _pp Session file is saved along with an output TIFF and full size JPG.

In the past I have used Bibble Pro (versions 4.x) for additional RAW editing and processing, however, I have yet opted to buy into their Version 5 upgrade. I intend to take a closer look at Lightroom 3, and although I do have PS and have used it for years, I try not to go into PS unless absolutely necessary.

Edit or adapt your Photo or Image Online in your browser for free. Upload your picture or photo or use an URL of an image on the Internet.

After uploading, you can resize your photo, sharpen it and/or rotate your photo. Several filters and effects are available to enhance your photo:

this is a very personal process depends entirely on your preferences and what you want to accomplish