• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded to V11, and now PP crashes when trying to find a face
Hi all,

Thank you kindly for sending those images over Bonnie, they'll be invaluable in diagnosing and fixing this problem. We should be able to get a fixed build to everyone very soon.

Dcyphert, you don't have to install the Standard Edition before the Studio 64 installation. All of the installers are standalone and should provide a complete installation. I've taken a look at your ticket and my colleague Emma has added more activations to your license and replied so that you can activate again. Can you tell us if the request for re-activation is occurring on both the machines you're using or just the one? Please reactivate that machine and let us know if it happens again. Once we see which fingerprints are switching, we'll be able to provide a permanent fix for you.

Once again apologies for the issues that you're all experiencing, we're working very hard to resolve them and get the best possible version of Portrait Professional in your hands as soon as possible.

Arjun

Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(11-27-2012, 01:19 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi all,

Thank you kindly for sending those images over Bonnie, they'll be invaluable in diagnosing and fixing this problem. We should be able to get a fixed build to everyone very soon.

Dcyphert, you don't have to install the Standard Edition before the Studio 64 installation. All of the installers are standalone and should provide a complete installation. I've taken a look at your ticket and my colleague Emma has added more activations to your license and replied so that you can activate again. Can you tell us if the request for re-activation is occurring on both the machines you're using or just the one? Please reactivate that machine and let us know if it happens again. Once we see which fingerprints are switching, we'll be able to provide a permanent fix for you.

Once again apologies for the issues that you're all experiencing, we're working very hard to resolve them and get the best possible version of Portrait Professional in your hands as soon as possible.

Arjun
Thank you...Thank you!!!!

(11-27-2012, 01:58 PM)dcyphert Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 01:19 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi all,

Arjun
Thank you...Thank you!!!!

One more question....if I keep the v11 standard edition on my laptop and the 64 bit v11 on my PC, will I have a token activation issue? If it's OK, I can live with that....even though both machines are Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit). I just can't continue with the constant disruption of not being able to use it....waiting for the techs to grant new activations. Thanks again!

Hi dcyphert,

The standard license and the Studio 64 license are entirely separate, so they won't conflict whatsoever. So installing one on your laptop and one on your desktop will mean that one will in no way affect the other. The issue you're experiencing is more to do with the specific machine you're using and the system fingerprint it generates.

Is the request for reactivation happening on both machines? If so, is there any particular software such as an antivirus that's installed on both machines? Please let us know and we'll see if that's the cause of the problem.

Arjun

I haven't upgraded to PP11 yet and am still running V10.9 on my Mac Pro. Can V10 and V11 live alongside one another (if they truly are separate entities) much like different versions of LR can on a Mac? Given some of the issues outlined here, I'd like the ability to start working with V11, but still have V10 as my working environment. I do have my token for V11.

Thanks in advance..

Jay S.

I'm also having this problem and am awaiting a solution...

Hi everyone,

JayS
We would recommend against having several versions installed as it may cause conflicts when using PP as a plugin and usually suggest removing any other versions of the software before install. We're working on a new build that should be available very soon that will have several fixes. Currently this issue with finding faces only occurs on certain hardware and can be worked around if you disable Face finding. PP11 will then operate as version 10 did. If you do have any problems with v11, PM me and I'll be more than happy to give you instructions on how to resolve any problems or return to v10 .

GregHoward
I've replied to your support ticket, but here's the instructions I passed on if you see this reply first. This will disable the face finding and stop the crash, allowing you to manually mark the points up:

1. Open Portrait Professional as a standalone application.
2. Go to File> Settings on Windows or PortraitProfessional> Preferences on Mac
3. Uncheck the box that reads "Automatically find faces in Image" and click OK.

The software should no longer crash, but you will have to mark up the 5 face points as you did in version 10.

Hello... I'm running PP v11.1.10/ZRaw-v1.2 (if I try to update, PP tells me I have the latest version) and running on a MAC.

My issue was exactly the same: crashing while PP searches for faces. I disabled that option, and now I can advance until clicking the edges of the mouth. After that, it still crashes. All pictures.

I'm running it on an iMac Intel (10.5).

Thanks!

(11-26-2012, 04:36 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hello All,

We're very sorry that you're experiencing these problems and we're working on finding the cause and subsequent solution to the issue. Would it be possible to send an example of the image causing this issue to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun? I'll take a look at the problem and pass the steps onto our developers. We seem to believe that the issue occurs with a specific set of criteria and your example images will greatly help us diagnose the issue. The images will only be used for testing and will be deleted once the issue has been resolved.

As this issue is impeding your work, I have a workaround so that you can meet your deadline. Can you please do the following:

Please verify that you are running the latest version of Portrait Professional, you can do this by opening the Standalone Application and going to Help> About . The version number should be 11.1.2. If you are not on this version go to Help> Check For Updates and download the latest version.

Once you have verified that you are running 11.1.2, open Portrait Professional as a standalone application and go to File> Settings (PortraitProfessional> Preferences on Mac).
Here uncheck the automatically mark up Faces box and Portrait Professional will ask you to once again manually mark up the face as it did in version 10.

It is very important that to change this setting you have to run the standalone application as the plug-in mode does not allow access to the settings. You do not need to open an image to access the settings.

Please let us know if this helps and rest assured we're working hard on identifying and resolving this problem.

Warm Regards,

Arjun

Hi AngelV,

We're incredibly sorry you're experiencing this issue and we're doing what we can to resolve the problem as soon as possible. The issue in this thread was fixed in an update after 11.1.2, so it seems that this may be another issue.

Would it be possible for you to tell us what processor your machine has? You can find this out by clicking on the Apple Icon in the top left and selecting "About This Mac". It will then tell you what processor you're using.

I've also sent you a private message with a link to the previous build, please install that over your current installation and let us know if the issue persists.

Arjun

Thanks Arjun,

I'm running 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. OS 10.5.8

Hi all,

This issue is occurring on OSX10.5.8 ONLY and can be resolved with v11.1.9.

Please PM me if you need a download link