• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No help from PP support with my plug in problem
I have Photoshop CS5 64-bit installed on my PC.

I downloaded Portrait ProfessionaL 10 Studio 64 yesterday. The big problem is; I cannot instal the plug-in.

Anthroptic's instructions are, open PP9 (Yes, it says that even on PP10, be nice if they updated that too!), go to file - settings - and plugin. As soon as I click on install 64 bit Plug in , I get the report, "Problem copying files. Please copy the files manually, Error code 1"

I have sent a message via one of PP's tickets (ref 50330 if the people at Portrait Professional would actually extend the courtesy in acknowledging my further message and unanswered and unreturned phone calls) !!!

Meanwhile uninstalling Photoshop, re- installing photoshop, making sure it's closed when attempting to instal the plug-in, makes no difference despite installing the two programs from scratch and in different orders.

Is it possible to send me the actual plug-in file so I can place it in the appropriate Adobe directory which is what Portrait Professional and Windows is asking me to do.

Not impressed

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please refer to Gary's comments here
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/Foru...hp?tid=735

Also, it's UK night time ATM, Friday night so you probably won't get a response to this until Monday daytime UK.

borichar Wrote:I have Photoshop CS5 64-bit installed on my PC.

I downloaded Portrait ProfessionaL 10 Studio 64 yesterday. The big problem is; I cannot instal the plug-in.

Anthroptic's instructions are, open PP9 (Yes, it says that even on PP10, be nice if they updated that too!), go to file - settings - and plugin. As soon as I click on install 64 bit Plug in , I get the report, "Problem copying files. Please copy the files manually, Error code 1"

I have sent a message via one of PP's tickets (ref 50330 if the people at Portrait Professional would actually extend the courtesy in acknowledging my further message and unanswered and unreturned phone calls) !!!

Meanwhile uninstalling Photoshop, re- installing photoshop, making sure it's closed when attempting to instal the plug-in, makes no difference despite installing the two programs from scratch and in different orders.

Is it possible to send me the actual plug-in file so I can place it in the appropriate Adobe directory which is what Portrait Professional and Windows is asking me to do.

Not impressed

Same as Borichar with the difference I am on MacPro OSX 6.6.
I cannot see any "anthropic " menu in PS extd nor in Aperture.

A quick answer will be VERY welcome.

SmartMac

SmartMac Wrote:

Not impressed

SmartMac

I answer myself :
I just reinstalled the software, did the requests in the prefs, and it work !

Sorry for the noise.

SmartMac Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:

Not impressed

SmartMac

I answer myself :

Sorry for the noise.

Can you explain what "did the requests in the prefs" means please. I have reinstalled both photoshop and PP10 twice now andc in different orderrs first. Still won't work.

borichar Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:

Not impressed

SmartMac

I answer myself :

Sorry for the noise.

Can you explain what "did the requests in the prefs" means please. I have reinstalled both photoshop and PP10 twice now andc in different orderrs first. Still won't work.
In the preferences pane select "plug-in" and there click on "install plug-in" while checking if the directory is the one you want.

SmartMac Wrote:
borichar Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:

Not impressed

SmartMac

I answer myself :

Sorry for the noise.

In the preferences pane select "plug-in" and there click on "install plug-in" while checking if the directory is the one you want.

Thank you, No mention of that in PP's response. However, it still doesn't work. I have no uninstalled and re-installed both Photoshop CS5 and PP10 (64bit) - for the 3rd time! Now back to the original error , "Problem copying files. Please copy the files manually, Error code 1"

I have updated my ticket to PP asking them to telephone me and talk me through the problem. It is absolutely useless of them to kee sending me one-liner replies like, "Have you tried to install 64 ans 32 bit?"
Just goiung round in time wasting circles !

Hi,

To manually copy the plugin (for both Mac and PC):

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=69

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

borichar Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:
borichar Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:
SmartMac Wrote:

Not impressed

SmartMac

I answer myself :

Sorry for the noise.

Thank you, No mention of that in PP's response. However, it still doesn't work. I have no uninstalled and re-installed both Photoshop CS5 and PP10 (64bit)   - for the 3rd time!     Now back to the original error , "Problem copying files. Please copy the files manually, Error code 1"

I have updated my ticket to PP asking them to telephone me and talk me through the problem. It is absolutely useless of them to kee sending me one-liner replies like, "Have you tried to install 64 ans 32 bit?"
Just goiung round in time wasting circles !

I don't have a mac but can't you just copy the plugin from the portrait professional directory over to the plugin directory for photoshop. Us pc people have a file browser that we use to see and copy files maybe someone could shed some light on how to do that on a mac
I found that the pp10 wouldn't real copy the plugin even though it said it did.