• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does your PortraitProfessional "Inactivate" itself?
Hello, I'm running PP Studio Pro 64 on a super-stable Lenovo W700DS, win 7 pro 64 bit.

Often, when I use the standard Windows or Lenovo Update (necessary for security and other system fixes), PortraitProfessional will no longer load and displays ""This Application needs to be activated before it can be used".

Basically, the PortraitProfessional sees a tiny change in my system and slams the program down. This doesn't happen with Adobe, Microsoft, Autodesk, or any of the other registered software I own.

But wait, there's more...

Unfortunately, because of the strange token system used by Anthropics Technology, my current token number no longer works ("This token has already been used") and I have to email Anthropics and wait up to 24 hours before getting a new token.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I wish Anthropics Technology would use a permanent serial number like all of the aforementioned companies. If Anthropics Technology can't make PP stable, at least we could reactivate the program without waiting for an email from tech support!

Many moons ago it was necessary to be online to use Anthropics' software, not just to activate it, to use it !!  Things have progressed a little since then. Rolleyes

This token copy protection scheme is a real pain. I assume my installation deactived by itself because I had delete my network settings on my Mac to solve an Appstore problem.
Anthropics really has to investigate a better user friendly copy protection scheme where one can deactivate and active his licence without further ado just like Adobe

Yes - I've seen the same problem.

The activation / copy protection system with Portrait Professional is way too sensitive to machine changes!

It's unproductive from a anti-pirate scheme. Being over sensitive only causes legitimate customers pain.

There are a few options available that I can see:

1) If PP detects a change in the hardware- deactivate the license on a timer. Allow the user to keep using the software with warnings for 5 days incase this happens over a public holiday period or weekend.

2) Reduce the sensitivity of the copy protection system. Making minor changes to the system hardware shouldn't cause this problem! Why not generate a fingerprint from a combination of basic system hardware? (HDD Serial + CPU or Mother board serial for instance)

3) Allow users to transfer licenses, or deactivate online again. (I believe this was once an option... it's been taken away now???)

4) Maybe allow 2 activations of the same key with a warning? This way a user can activate the new install, and have time to contact PP in the next few days to deactivate the old / incorrect / out of date fingerprint.

There may be other option / features that can be added to assist in this too. There does become a point where anti-pirate features go to far and start to become counter-productive and I believe this is happening with PP.

Please PortraitProfessional - consider making some changes, and help out your legitimate customers!