• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PP Studio 10 Upgrade is Not Working
I upgraded from PP9 to PP10. Everytime I load a picture with CS4, the program (PP10) crashes. I get an error message saying that the program must close. I opened a ticket and was told to uninstall & reinstall the software. I've done that at least 10X's and it still is not working. I am desparate to resolve this right away...even to the point of just returning to the PP9 version if I can find a way to do that. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hi,

Could you reinstall the Plugin. The Photoshop plug-in can be installed by going to the File menu in Portrait Professional (Preferences on a Mac), then Settings, and then Plug-in. If the path to your Photoshop plug-in directory does not come up automatically, click the browse button and browse to your Photoshop plug-in directory (e.g. for PS v6, my directory is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Plug-Ins\), and click Install Plug-in. For CS3 and CS4, the correct directory is normally ...Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Filters In Win 7 there will be: C drive>Programs>Adobe>CS4 (64 bit)>Plug-ins: as well as C drive>Programs (x86)>Adobe>CS4>Plug-ins: Make sure you have the correct placement for Portrait Professional 9 Plug-in activation. Also, please take a look at our FAQ entry: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...view&id=56

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

I've done this. It still is not working. Will you please send me a new activation tokens for PP9 and return my money for PP10.

I am still waiting for a response to my last request: please send new PP9 activation tokens and return my money for PP10. Will you please do this ASAP or, if there is a problem with this, then return my money for both PP9 & PP10. I've been trying to resolve this for a week. I need to let go and move on and purchase other portrait software.

Hi everyone,

If you are having problems with V10, you can go back to V9 while we sort them out. To go back to version 9, simply go to the license manager: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/licenses/ enter your V9 license and you will be able to download and install version 9.

Tony

bbryant Wrote:I upgraded from PP9 to PP10. Everytime I load a picture with CS4, the  program (PP10) crashes. I get an error message saying that the program must close. I opened a ticket and was told to uninstall & reinstall the software. I've done that at least 10X's and it still is not working. I am desparate to resolve this right away...even to the point of just returning to the PP9 version if I can find a way to do that. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I had a problem like that and found that the program really didn't install th plugin. I had to physically copy the plugin from the portrait professional folder and copy it to my plug in dirctory for CS. Once I did that all was fine.
gooch

FWIW, I struggled with Portrait Professional crashing Photoshop all morning after I upgraded from v10 to v10.8 on my Mac. I finally solved the problem by completely uninstalling PP and reinstalling from the link in post 5. That fixed the issue, it seems the initial upgrade created two versions on the hard drive or something. Regardless, I hope this helps someone eventually.