• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Plug in Lightroom 3.3 64 bit
I am trying to instal the new version 10 Studio into Lightroom 3.3 as a plug in without success. Can someone tell me the exact path to install as a plug in? Presumably it should show in "Plug in Extras"? Many thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

To set Portrait Professional as the "external editor" for Lightroom, follow these steps:
Run the Lightroom application.

Select the "Preferences" menu command from the "Edit" menu on Windows, or the Lightroom menu on Mac.

Select the "External Editing" tab on the Preferences dialog that appears.

In the "Additional External Editor" section, change the file format to be TIFF, color space to be sRGB, compression LZW, and the other settings can be chosen as you wish.

Press the "Choose" button on the right for choosing the application.

A new dialog will pop up asking for the location of the program to run. For Windows Portrait Professional Studio 9 is usually located at "C:\Program Files\Portrait Professional Studio 9\PortraitProfessionalStudio.exe" or if you have a 64 bit Windows it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Portrait Professional Studio 9\PortraitProfessionalStudio.exe". Try pasting in these paths if you are not sure.

For Mac, Portrait Professional Studio is usually located at "/Applications/PortraitProfessionalStudio.app".

Select the Portrait Professional Studio application and press the "OK" button.

Press the "OK" button to dismiss the Preferences dialog.

Portrait Professional Studio is now set up as an external editor for your images.

You can now select a picture in your library, right click and choose "Edit in" and then "Edit in PortraitProfessionalStudio".

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Thanks Leo. I thought (mistakenly) that Portrait professional could be installed in Lightroom as a plug in.

Roy
Leo Wrote:Hi,

To set Portrait Professional as the "external editor" for Lightroom, follow these steps:

Select the "Preferences" menu command from the "Edit" menu on Windows, or the Lightroom menu on Mac.

In the "Additional External Editor" section, change the file format to be TIFF, color space to be sRGB, compression LZW, and the other settings can be chosen as you wish.

A new dialog will pop up asking for the location of the program to run. For Windows Portrait Professional Studio 9 is usually located at "C:\Program Files\Portrait Professional Studio 9\PortraitProfessionalStudio.exe" or if you have a 64 bit Windows it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Portrait Professional Studio 9\PortraitProfessionalStudio.exe". Try pasting in these paths if you are not sure.

For Mac, Portrait Professional Studio is usually located at "/Applications/PortraitProfessionalStudio.app".

Portrait Professional Studio is now set up as an external editor for your images.

You can now select a picture in your library, right click and choose "Edit in" and then "Edit in PortraitProfessionalStudio".

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Hi, I have Lightroom4. I followed these directions to the new 64bit version of Portrait Professional10Studio64. When I attempted to edit in Lightroom4 I got this error message:
Unexpected error performing command: bad argument#1 to lower' (string expected, got nil)
Any advice?
(01-27-2011, 03:01 PM)Leo Wrote: Hi,

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology