• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PRINTERS
I was just thinking about photography and the fact that my printer is not so good at printing photographs.

By the time I brought up the PP site to ask this question, I sat here for about 30 secs, trying to think why I was there .............. it's called a 'senior moment' ....................... anybody else get these, like going upstairs to get something and forgetting what? .................... Don't smile!

Anyway ................... if I was to go for another printer .... not a multi purpose jobbie as I have an Epson SX410, but just one for really good prints, what should I go for and what are the benefits please.

Thanks

Malcolm
Serious About Photography - Alexam Images

I can certainly relate to the "senior moments!" Have them all the time. (What were we talking about......)

As for printers, I think so much of it is personal taste. I am currently using two older Epsons (RX595 and 1200). Both seem to do a fine job with the exception of ink drying if not used periodically.

Michael

Alexam Wrote:I was just thinking about photography and the fact that my printer is not so good at printing photographs.

By the time I brought up the PP site to ask this question, I sat here for about 30 secs, trying to think why I was there .............. it's called a 'senior moment' ....................... anybody else get these, like going upstairs to get something and forgetting what? .................... Don't smile!

Anyway ................... if I was to go for another printer .... not a multi purpose jobbie as I have an Epson SX410, but just one for really good prints, what should I go for and what are the benefits please.

Thanks

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm
If your looking for a good priced printer for photographs
look at reviews for the Epson P50.
Regards
Mark

I have a three grand Minolta Magicolor DL2300 colour laser here which turns out cruddy photos and a cheapie Canon dye sublimation CP740 which beats it hands down ! If I want really good prints I usually visit the local Woolworth's photo lab which has equipment I could never afford.

Hi,

Here's a fantastic photo printer. The Canon Pixma 9000 Mk II. It prints up to 13X19. The quality of the prints is equal to or better than photo lab prints. Do a search and read the reviews. This is the best deal I was able to find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...efurbished

I bought mine new from a similar seller for $249. The first seller listed in the above link is selling a new unit for $230 plus shipping.

I've printed a few hundred photos with this printer (mostly 13X19's) and am very pleased with the results.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.
Rich

MacAoda8 Wrote:Hi,

Here's a fantastic photo printer. The Canon Pixma 9000 Mk II. It prints up to 13X19. The quality of the prints is equal to or better than photo lab prints. Do a search and read the reviews. This is the best deal I was able to find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...efurbished

I bought mine new from a similar seller for $249. The first seller listed in the above link is selling a new unit for $230 plus shipping.

I've printed a few hundred photos with this printer (mostly 13X19's) and am very pleased with the results.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.
Rich

I have the same printer and love it. But I also use Colormunki to match/profile my IPS monitors to my printer. This way everything on screen matches printout.

Alexam, Having bought several printers in my time.....you can not go past Cannon. I have a Cannon Pixma MP800 I keep just for photos , had it for a few years and still going strong.
Laser printers do not work well using photo paper. Better to use ordinary paper believe it or not.
Cheers

I have the Epson 2400 which prints beautifully! it also has pigmented dyes so the colours never fade
http://www.dickonclark.co.uk
Alexam Wrote:I was just thinking about photography and the fact that my printer is not so good at printing photographs.

Thanks

Malcolm

I'm printing with the Epson 1800 printer.
Its very good and the inks are not bad for price.

Good overall printer !!!

G.

I'm about to upgrade to one of Epsons newer models that handles black and white amazingly fabulous....however....I love my Epson 1400...it prints wonderful color portraits...it actually makes my images look even better than what I see on the screen...it just seems to know what I want...I will keep it until it or I die....they still sell this model and you can now get it in the $200 range...ink last long too....they do cost around $18 apiece ....but you can find them for $15...on sale....ink quality is great.