• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MrProblem with new computer
I got a new computer, going from XP to Windows 7. I transferred the hard drive with PP on it, but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Try re-installing PP again. Is your Windows 7 x32 or x64 ? Was your XP x32 or x64 ? Did you physically put the XP hard drive in the new machine or did you use the Transfer Wizard to a new hard drive on the Windows 7 machine ? After re-installing PP you'll need another Token from Support as the one you already had on your XP machine is a one-time only use.

Did you physically transfer ( connect ) the second hard drive in your new computer that has Windows 7 on it's main hard drive?

Did you use a program like Norton Ghost to transfer files from your Windows XP hard drive to your new Windows 7 hard drive?

Using a program to transfer files like pictures is fine but not with programs when your transferring between operating systems ( Windows XP and Windows 7 ). You see, when you install a program it adds registry entries. Just transferring the program folders won't work.

I would say just install a fresh copy of PP and contact support for a new token.