• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V22 presets
Am trying out the trial and I need to know if I can use my own backgrounds in the background change in the presets. If so where do I put the backgrounds I want to use in the automatic background replacement in presets? And also where would I put my skies if I want to add my own skies to the ones already in the program?

Thank you.

I haven't done much with sky replacement but can just make a folder with backgrounds and then 'browse' to find it when replacing backgrounds

I heard from support and it is very disappointing: you have to create a preset with a particular sky you want. You go thru the motions of manually removing the background and making your own picture with what you want with your own sky and/or background then save it as a preset. Then you can choose that picture later in presets to apply it. So that means, I have 50 digital backgrounds so I would have to manually make 50 pictures with 50 backgrounds saving each one as a preset to use later..I tried one and it was a disaster. I'll wait until the next version: I shoot a lot of green screen and portrait pro is notorious for not working well with green screen. I'll wait for the next one to see if anything has improved. In previous versions you could make a background folder. Not in the new 22 Sad

(11-24-2021, 04:37 PM)crphoto Wrote: I heard from support and it is very disappointing: you have to create a preset with a particular sky you want.  You go thru the motions of manually removing the background and making your own picture with what you want with your own sky and/or background then save it as a preset. Then  you can choose that picture later in presets to apply it. So that means, I have 50 digital backgrounds so I would have to manually make 50 pictures with 50 backgrounds saving each one as a preset to use later..I tried one and it was a disaster.  I'll wait until the next version: I shoot a lot of green screen and portrait pro is notorious for not working well with green screen.  I'll wait for the next one to see if anything has improved. In previous versions  you could make a background folder. Not in the new 22 Sad

Sorry to hear that; will check it out when I have time. I have not done green screen work but have had some success replacing backgrounds in previous versions. Had tried sky replacement in previous version just a couple times, but wasn't real impressed with it. I have posted a couple examples of background replacement in the forums here in the past, but not too many people hang around here.

Found a public domain background for this photo of a dancer during live performance, and replaced the background (see attachment).