• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP Plugin CS4/CS5
I have d/l Portrait Professional Studio (Trial Version) and installed it on my pc (XP Pro) I had no trouble installing the plug in for Adobe LightRoom 3.3RC but could not find it in CS5. Going into the Studio version, under menu and settings, I only have 3 tabs - General, Color, and Language. There is no tab for Plug-in. Is that because it is the trial version and the tab will only show up when you buy the program.

I re-installed the trial version again and still no tab that says "plug-in"

Could use some help please..Smile

Tunney

Yes that's right the plug-in is only there for the full software, not in the trial. We are planning to change this soon so the trial download will include a trial of the Photoshop plug-in.

Also Portrait Professional Studio 9 has supported 64 bit plug-in mode for several months now, it was a free upgrade so if you do have the full software please use "check for updates" to make sure you are on the latest version.

thanks,
Gary

[quote=Gary]
Yes that's right the plug-in is only there for the full software, not in the trial. We are planning to change this soon so the trial download will include a trial of the Photoshop plug-in.

Yes, I thought so. Thanks for your reply..

Tunney

Hi,

I just bought PP Studio version and i'm currently working in a MAC. I'm trying to install PP Plugin in CS4 but the message I receive is this one: "Problem copying files, please copy the files manually. Error code: 1"

Tryied to install it under plug.ins folder and filters folder... Same error message...

Can anyone help?

We made a new release on Thursday and it is possible the error is related to that. Unfortunately now that it is the weekend the developers are not available to fix this, but if it is related to the new release we will fix it very soon next week. Most likely there will be a new release on Monday in fact.

In the meantime can you use the previous release. If you get the same error then this is not due to last weeks release and will be something else that is happening on your Mac only:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional.c...oSetup.dmg

thanks,
Gary

Gary Wrote:We made a new release on Thursday and it is possible the error is related to that. Unfortunately now that it is the weekend the developers are not available to fix this, but if it is related to the new release we will fix it very soon next week. Most likely there will be a new release on Monday in fact.

In the meantime can you use the previous release. If you get the same error then this is not due to last weeks release and will be something else that is happening on your Mac only:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional.c...oSetup.dmg

thanks,
Gary

Thanks Gary... How do I uninstall the previous version?

Just drag and drop it to the trash.

The version I've installed trough your link is 9.8... Still get the same error....

In that case the problem is something happening only on your Mac because that download was working for everybody else over the last few months.

I don't have a Mac where I am at the moment, so I can't look at this properly for you. However can you try running the plugin in Photoshop to see if it did actually install properly. To do this run Photoshop and go to the filters menu and look for an entry called "Anthropics" usually near the bottom of the list.

If its there any working then the error is just caused by the plugin already being installed.

If its not working can you go to your Photoshop plugin directory (called something like /Applications/Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins) and look for the Portrait Professional plugin (called something like PSPluginLauncher). If you see the plugin there just delete it.

Now run Portrait Professional again and install the plugin again, but now that you have confirmed the path to the Photoshop plugin folder make sure you use that path to it.

If that still doesn't work, you can copy the files manually using the Finder. The plugin bundle is contained in the folder where you installed Portrait Professional (usually /Applications/PortraitProfessionalStudio) if you browse to this and choose "show package contents" and then browse into the folders shown you will find the PSPluginLauncher bundle. Copy this to the Photoshop plugin folder you found earlier.

Now try running Photoshop again, and the plugin should be installed correctly in the filters menu under the name "Anthropics".

regards,
Gary

Gary Wrote:In that case the problem is something happening only on your Mac because that download was working for everybody else over the last few months.

I don't have a Mac where I am at the moment, so I can't look at this properly for you. However can you try running the plugin in Photoshop to see if it did actually install properly. To do this run Photoshop and go to the filters menu and look for an entry called "Anthropics" usually near the bottom of the list.

If its there any working then the error is just caused by the plugin already being installed.

If its not working can you go to your Photoshop plugin directory (called something like /Applications/Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins) and look for the Portrait Professional plugin (called something like PSPluginLauncher). If you see the plugin there just delete it.

Now run Portrait Professional again and install the plugin again, but now that you have confirmed the path to the Photoshop plugin folder make sure you use that path to it.

If that still doesn't work, you can copy the files manually using the Finder. The plugin bundle is contained in the folder where you installed Portrait Professional (usually /Applications/PortraitProfessionalStudio) if you browse to this and choose "show package contents" and then browse into the folders shown you will find the PSPluginLauncher bundle. Copy this to the Photoshop plugin folder you found earlier.

Now try running Photoshop again, and the plugin should be installed correctly in the filters menu under the name "Anthropics".

regards,
Gary

Hi Gary.

Thanks for your help.

After several tries the PP still didn't appear in CS4 under filter > antropics.
So... I've installed this manually and everything is working now... I don't think it's my MAC problem because if it was I wouldn't be able to install it not even manually. Perhaps it's a bug?

I've installed before other plugins such as Nik software and it worked fine. The folder were those plugins are in a MAC operating CS4 is ...Photoshop CS4\Plug-Ins\Filters but this one "PP" always gave that error message stated before.

Hope this helps other users and Antropics.

Thank you so much for all!