• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Control Points
Long time user of Portrait Pro, I use it mainly as a filter in Photoshop CS6.

I'd like something like a Smart Filter--give us the ability to save the Control Points, and the Settings.

Sometimes after applying the filter, I return to Photoshop and wish I had not adjusted something, or wished for more of a setting...but the drudgery of having to adjust all the Control Points again prevented me from going back.

I also noticed that the eyebrow pencil shows through hair--even after I had specified the hair areas in the Hair tab.  Please have your programmers correct this.

Last, I hope you can make your software comparible with Photoshop Elements.  I have no plan of subscribing to software, so Photoshop CS6 is the end of the road for me.

I have also asked that PP work as a smart filter in PhotoShop. I often find that I have made a little too much of a correction and would like to dial it down after the fact. As things stand now I have to begin all over again.
-wick

(08-21-2016, 06:01 PM)Wick Wrote: I have also asked that PP work as a smart filter in PhotoShop.  I often find that I have made a little too much of a correction and would like to dial it down after the fact.  As things stand now I have to begin all over again.

I had been using workarounds--by decreasing the layer opacity, or by applying a layer mask.

I think making PortraitPro and PortraitPro Body Smart Filters would save a lot of time and vastly improve the user experience.

(08-21-2016, 06:01 PM)Wick Wrote: I have also asked that PP work as a smart filter in PhotoShop.  I often find that I have made a little too much of a correction and would like to dial it down after the fact.  As things stand now I have to begin all over again.

Yep, this his come up here before. By far the biggest issue I have with PP.

Hope they finally get this done in the next version, or I might have to jump ship.

Thanks for putting in Snapshots

Just bought the Upgrade, will be playing around with it

I noticed the eyebrow pencil looks fake, it looks pasted on

Still no way to use the plugin as a smart filter! 

That is very disappointing as it makes the workflow so much more difficult, sometimes you have to throw away all you did in PP and start from scratch. If at least it would be possible to save state to disk while in plugin mode, but nope - that can't be really hard to implement! Sad

Yes, other filters I use from smaller companies somehow manage to work as smart filters. This would make workflow so much easier. Let's keep the pressure on.
-wick