• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two new ideas
Wink 
Hi there, I meant 3 new ideas. The following might have been already mentioned so I apologise in advance; I’ve been very impressed with the ease and simplicity of the software (in a good way), so with that in mind I thought I’d give you some suggestions to enhance your software.

1. Eye section – how about the following:
Add an eyeliner effect such as length, curve and thickness.

2. Under Reflection - manually adjust the size, use drop down for selection style and then adjust size comes available along with opacity. Also you could have the ability to add your own png image to the drop down such as vertical blinds effect!

3. Skin Lighting Controls
Smokey eyes – Place under eye section and add the ability to change colour and width (or manually adjust width under the 'before' area) because sometimes the smokey eyes goes over the hair.

All the best,
Richard

(04-24-2015, 12:21 PM)RichardB Wrote: 1. Eye section – how about the following:
Add an eyeliner effect such as length, curve and thickness.
I agree that this would be a nice enhancement - but to be complete it should go into a full "make up" section, having all make up related stuff in one section (like for hair). I know that this was requested a couple of times - so I hope that will be considered for a future release.

(04-24-2015, 12:21 PM)RichardB Wrote: 2. Under Reflection - manually adjust the size, use drop down for selection style and then adjust size comes available along with opacity. Also you could have the ability to add your own png image to the drop down such as vertical blinds effect!
Again I do agree that this would be a nice enhancement. Version 12.4 just added the opacity slider - which is a good first step.
It will allow to remove the reflections labeled with "weak", as they are not needed anymore as the strength can now be adjusted with the slider.
As I contributed the new reflections to PP, I will re-work my reflection pack to have some hires reflections and provide that to the developers, hoping they will add it along with size sliders.
RichardB: Would you be able to post a sample or link of a picture showing the "vertical blinds" effect you are referring to? Would that be for pupil reflection?

(04-24-2015, 12:21 PM)RichardB Wrote: 3. Skin Lighting Controls
Smokey eyes – Place under eye section and add the ability to change colour and width (or manually adjust width under the 'before' area) because sometimes the smokey eyes goes over the hair.
I would agree that smokey eyes effect needs some fine tuning. It has gotten better but still lacks the needed amount of flexibility.
That would fit well into a "make up section" (which I would not expect to see before a possible version "13").

Regards - MacSass

Hi MacSass,

Loving the make-up section idea; as to the vertical blind effect on the pupil I will see what I can do and upload here. I took a photo the other day in front of my blinds so I'll look closely.

(04-25-2015, 10:41 AM)RichardB Wrote: Hi MacSass,

Loving the make-up section idea; as to the vertical blind effect on the pupil I will see what I can do and upload here. I took a photo the other day in front of my blinds so I'll look closely.

As promised, here are the blind photos, they're not that great but that's the best I can do. Hope it helps in some way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi RichardB,

I´m afraid that is some kind of misunderstanding ...

The reflection overlays are used in order to overlay a small reflection on the pupils of the model, that reflection is usually caused by the lightformer / flash.

If there is no reflection on the pupils the eyes look "dead" in a photo - thus if for some reason you do not have any reflection on the pupils at all, then it makes sense to add them in post processing.

I´m not sure how your horizontal blinds would be reflecting showing in the pupils - I have never seen a reflection of horizontal blinds in any photo ...

The overlays are not meant to be overlayed on the full photo - which you sometimes do to give the photo a look that the light was falling through the blinds ...

So please clarify a bit more what you are looking for - maybe with some example photos of the effect you desire to achieve ... but remember PP is mainly to enhance faces or at most parts of a body - less for a full photo effect (for that you might want to look at their product "Smart Photo Editor").

Regards - MacSass

Notice they've used some of my ideas, any chance for a free upgrade LOL. worth a try!