• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIF filewill not open in Photoshop CC
After I transfer my tif file and work on my image in Portrait Pro v12, I save it as a tif and open in Photoshop CC. I get this message: Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document. The only way I could get CC to open it was to import the file in DxO 9 and save it as a jpg and then transfer it to CC.

Why is this happening, sounds like a CC thing, right?

(12-17-2013, 01:59 AM)jwkphoto Wrote: After I transfer my tif file and work on my image in Portrait Pro v12, I save it as a tif and open in Photoshop CC. I get this message: Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document. The only way I could get CC to open it was to import the file in DxO 9 and save it as a jpg and then transfer it to CC.

I do not use CC, so I can not answer for sure. If you could, in order to get assist from the forum, we need to know the OS that you are using. You also want to try and open a ticket at:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/index.php?page=login&return=ticket_submit
PortraitProfessional Forum

(12-17-2013, 06:22 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(12-17-2013, 01:59 AM)jwkphoto Wrote: After I transfer my tif file and work on my image in Portrait Pro v12, I save it as a tif and open in Photoshop CC. I get this message: Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document. The only way I could get CC to open it was to import the file in DxO 9 and save it as a jpg and then transfer it to CC.

I do not use CC, so I can not answer for sure. If you could, in order to get assist from the forum, we need to know the OS that you are using. You also want to try and open a ticket at:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/index.php?page=login&return=ticket_submit

Thank you, I'm using Windows 7.

I have almost exactly the same problem. Except I am trying to open in both Photoshop CS5 and CS6. The TIFs open in Lightroom OK. I only bought the programme few hours ago and am already disappointed. Fancy generating TIFs that won't open in Photoshop! That surely can't be so - is there something I obviously don't understand?

Hello again,
I discovered that if I click on 'Save Jpg/Tiff/Png...' and then choose 'Tiff' and give it the file name I wish - it opens in Photoshop OK.

But,

If I click on 'Save as...' and give it a file name, it will not open in Photoshop - or even Portrait Pro for that matter. (the error message tells me - Not a TIFF file, bad magic number 55551 (0xd8ff))

This is the Standard Version 12 in a Windows 7 system

(12-19-2013, 07:41 AM)BOILPUS Wrote: Hello again,
I discovered that if I click on 'Save Jpg/Tiff/Png...' and then choose 'Tiff' and give it the file name I wish - it opens in Photoshop OK.

But,

If I click on 'Save as...' and give it a file name, it will not open in Photoshop - or even Portrait Pro for that matter. (the error message tells me - Not a TIFF file, bad magic number 55551 (0xd8ff))

This is the Standard Version 12 in a Windows 7 system

Open a support ticket at:

Thanks
PortraitProfessional Forum

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. But I have another ticket on the go over a different matter at the moment. This particular problem does not manifest itself on the other computer the programme is also installed on. So I can work.

The other problem for (your interest) is one that I now discover has been troubling customers for a very long time - crashing on opening until 'automatically find faces' is disabled. I wasted hours figuring that out with no help from your staff.

Any resolution on this? I just purchased Portrait Professional and I have the same error using the photoshop CS6 plugin

Recently I re-installed Window 7 pro and PP. Initially everything works fine until MS applied auto updates. Then PP started crashing if I re-selected a previously edited face. I have since stop auto updates and PP is now stable. Not sure whether it has anything to do MS updates.