• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V9 Photoshop plugin?
can you open a support ticket and the Portrait Professional support team will be able to help

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/

thanks,
Gary

Gary Wrote:can you open a support ticket and the Portrait Professional support team will be able to help

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/

thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary, I did create a ticket, but the response I got was this:

"If the plug in has bee installed successfully, when you look under 'filters' then 'anthropics'  you will see 'portrait professional'."

I received the message saying it was a successful install. So why is it not showing up? Is there some update that I need to have this be compatible for CS5?

The message actually means that the plugin files have been copied to the location you chose successfully, rather than confirming that photoshop will now work with the plugin.

The normal place for a Mac in the English language is:
Applications/Photoshop CS5/Plug-Ins

is this the directory you used?

make sure you are using the latest Portrait Professional Studio by selecting "check for updates" in the menu. This is compatible with CS5 64 bit and 32 bit.

Gary

I was finally able to get it to work once a technician gave me these instructions:

The Photoshop plug-in can be installed by going to the File menu in Portrait Professional (Preferences on a Mac), then Settings, and then Plug-in.

If the path to your Photoshop plug-in directory does not come up automatically, click the browse button and browse to your Photoshop plug-in directory (e.g. for PS v6, my directory is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Plug-Ins\), and click Install Plug-in.

For CS3 and CS4, the correct directory is normally ...Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Filters

In Win 7 there will be: C drive>Programs>Adobe>CS4 (64 bit)>Plug-ins: as well as
C drive>Programs (x86)>Adobe>CS4>Plug-ins: (for 32 bit)
Make sure you have the correct placement for Portrait Professional 9 Plug-in activation.

Photoshop 6 ??

I don't think it was/is a typo as it's there twice

You should use the directory of the version of photoshop you want to install it in. If you want it available in photoshop 6, then that's where to put it. If you want it in CS3, put it in there and so on. srwheelr was just giving instructions for that version.

Tony