• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V9 Photoshop plugin?
Installed trial and I don't see the plug-in anywhere. I see a reference to this in the help file as though it ought to just be there in the filter list.

Anybody use the plugin yet?

Hi Vindog,

To get the plugin to appear in photoshop, first you must launch Portrait Professional and go to File>Settings.  Then click on the plugin tab and make sure the directory is pointing to the photoshop plugins directory.  Finally press one of the two buttons to install the plugin (install 32 bit if photoshop is 32 bit and 64 bit if photoshop is 64 bit).  After you restart Photoshop, you will see PP as a filter under Anthropics in the filters menu.

Tony

N.B. You must have Portrait Professional Studio for it to work as a plugin.

admin Wrote:Hi Vindog,

To get the plugin to appear in photoshop, first you must launch Portrait Professional and go to File>Settings.  Then click on the plugin tab and make sure the directory is pointing to the photoshop plugins directory.  Finally press one of the two buttons to install the plugin (install 32 bit if photoshop is 32 bit and 64 bit if photoshop is 64 bit).  After you restart Photoshop, you will see PP as a filter under Anthropics in the filters menu.

Tony

Ok, I guess that works but not in the trial version (as I get to the "install plugin" it tells me "sorry, the photoshop plug-in is not available in the trial". I think the above information ought to be in the application's Help File. Also, at the installation it should be asking me if I want to install the plug-in for photoshop or not, and drive to the folder at that time.

admin Wrote:Hi Vindog,

Tony

N.B. You must have Portrait Professional Studio for it to work as a plugin.

This is not the case with Mac's. There is no File>Settings. Can a plugin appear with the Mac platform?

The same dialog on the Mac can be found by choosing "Preferences" in the normal location in the Mac menus.

Gary

Gary Wrote:The same dialog on the Mac can be found by choosing "Preferences" in the normal location in the Mac menus.

Gary

Preferences under Mac?
Preferences under Photoshop?
Preferences under Portrait Professional?

In none of these is there any settings allowing you to create PP as a plugin. Can you be more specific?

In Portrait Professional Studio 9 choose the Preferences menu option, and then the plugin tab.

regards,
Gary

Gary Wrote:In Portrait Professional Studio 9 choose the Preferences menu option, and then the plugin tab.

regards,
Gary

There is no "plugin" option under preferences on my Mac. I would send a screen shot if I could.

Are you sure you have the Studio edition of the software?

Gary

I have installed the Studio Version and when I go into Settings and follow the directions to get the plugin installed, I get a message saying Successful install. When I open Photoshop CS5, it doesn't appear. Please assist.