• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Colour correction seems to be limited in this portrait
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to understand why I'm getting this effect, where the colour correction stops partway down the image. You can see it on her orange jacket:

[Image: ScreenShot2013-06-02at14109AM_zps0d43c083.png]

Can anyone explain why, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

-Kappa

Hi Kappa,

This looks like the skin area is being cut off at the base of the subject's head. To fix this, either go to Full Body Skin> Change Skin Selection Area and select the most apt choice for your image and Portrait Professional should be able to recalculate the Skin Area.

Alternatively you can manually edit the Skin Area by going to Skin Smoothing and selecting "View/Edit Skin Area". Here you can use the brush to change the area marked as skin.

We hope this helps.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the reply.

I've changed the skin area, however there is still a clear horizontal line where the jacket is two different shades of red. It seems to stop at the bottom of her chest skin.

Do you have any additional advice?

-Kappa

(06-03-2013, 11:31 AM)Arjun Wrote: Hi Kappa,

This looks like the skin area is being cut off at the base of the subject's head. To fix this, either go to Full Body Skin> Change Skin Selection Area and select the most apt choice for your image and Portrait Professional should be able to recalculate the Skin Area.

Alternatively you can manually edit the Skin Area by going to Skin Smoothing and selecting "View/Edit Skin Area". Here you can use the brush to change the area marked as skin.

We hope this helps.

Arjun

I've seen the same issue at times. I don't know why, but it seems to be related to the hair controls. I thought it was skin control, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Once I either fix the hair mask, or turn it off, it seems to be OK. My newest default template, does some skin softening, and very limited use of anything else. I have any hair control turned off and I don't get this now.

(06-03-2013, 01:46 PM)kappa1st Wrote: Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the reply.

I've changed the skin area, however there is still a clear horizontal line where the jacket is two different shades of red. It seems to stop at the bottom of her chest skin.

-Kappa

We hope this helps.

Arjun

This problem is normally caused by PP treating that part of her jacket as her skin! Not sure whether you have already done this:

Please go to "View/Edit Skin Area". Use "Cut back" and clean up the jacket area which I think is identified as skin. Use another colour for skin markup just in case the default colour is not too clear.

Hi Dennis,

You've hit the nail on the head! Thanks so much. This effect IS related to hair controls. I turned off hair controls as advised, and the problem is gone.

Cheers!

-Kappa

(06-03-2013, 03:04 PM)Dennis_H Wrote: I've seen the same issue at times. I don't know why, but it seems to be related to the hair controls. I thought it was skin control, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Once I either fix the hair mask, or turn it off, it seems to be OK. My newest default template, does some skin softening, and very limited use of anything else. I have any hair control turned off and I don't get this now.

(06-03-2013, 01:46 PM)kappa1st Wrote: Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the reply.

-Kappa

We hope this helps.

Arjun

Glad that solved it for you. Maybe you could send the original to Arjun and they could find the root cause of the issue. I should have done it too, but found out what it was and moved forward...

(06-03-2013, 04:53 PM)kappa1st Wrote: Hi Dennis,

You've hit the nail on the head! Thanks so much. This effect IS related to hair controls. I turned off hair controls as advised, and the problem is gone.

Cheers!

-Kappa

(06-03-2013, 03:04 PM)Dennis_H Wrote: I've seen the same issue at times. I don't know why, but it seems to be related to the hair controls. I thought it was skin control, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Once I either fix the hair mask, or turn it off, it seems to be OK. My newest default template, does some skin softening, and very limited use of anything else. I have any hair control turned off and I don't get this now.

Hi Dennis,

Good suggestion. I've PMed Arjun.

-Jeremy

(06-03-2013, 06:28 PM)Dennis_H Wrote: Glad that solved it for you. Maybe you could send the original to Arjun and they could find the root cause of the issue. I should have done it too, but found out what it was and moved forward...

(06-03-2013, 04:53 PM)kappa1st Wrote: Hi Dennis,

Cheers!

-Kappa

Jeremy,

Were you able to get any answers to this? I wouldn't mind being able to use the hair controls again, but I'm not going to do a bunch of work and wonder if it will work or give me the same issue each time... There isn't really a way to reload the file and turn on or off controls once it is returned to the calling application, so I have chosen to cripple the product and not use the hair controls.