• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashes & overwriting in 11.2.10
I have upgraded to PP 11.2.10.
1) PP overwrites original file (this series was shot as jpgs, not my usual nefs). No "_PP" attached to file name. YIKES! Glad I have a second HDD w/ backups.
(Now I copy the jpg and work on that.)
2) Also, upon "return to plug-in", PP closes w/ a crash report screen.

Product code: PPmaxL-F-en-v11.2.10 / ZRaw-v1.3
Operating System: 10.8.3
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz

Hi wilddave11,

Apologies that you're being inconvenienced by these problems. I'll take a look and attempt to reproduce them in-house.

Can you tell me if all these issues are occurring when using Portrait Professional as a plugin to CS6? Unfortunately the add suffix to file name only functions when using PP as a standalone application, as the saving is handled by CS6. Can you tell me if the issue is also occurring during standalone use?

For the crash upon returning to CS6, if the issue is reproducible, can you please PM me the crash report?

This issue seems like it may be related to Saved Application States, so can you please try the following and tell us if the issue persists:

1. In the finder view, go to /Library/Saved Application State (To view the Library in the Finder view, hold the Alt/Option key).
2. Look for the folder with portraitprofessional in its name.
3. Delete the files in this folder. Do not delete the entire folder.
4. Then right click/Ctrl+Click the folder itself and select Get Info.
5. In the Get Info screen, change the settings locate at the bottom next to your login from Read & Write to Read Only.

Can you let us know if the issue remains? If it does, I'll prioritise finding the cause and hopefully a resolution.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Arjun

Anthropics Technology Ltd.

Hello Arjun-
1) could not find /library/Saved application State. Did a finder search to no avail.
2) I re-installed 11.2.10 - I unchecked "add as plug-in". I rebooted the computer.
3) I typically "open with..." from Adobe Bridge. Now in PP, I do not have the option to save as a tiff. However, when I open PP first and open the file from PP, that option is there. (Never had to do that in 11.2.4)
4)PP is still closing after the file is saved, and I get the window that it closed "Unexpectantly".
5) Never had a crash or overwrite in 11.2.4. Perhaps I should return to that version.
6) I'm attaching a file to test that has caused a crash and overwrites the original.
Thank you. dw

(05-08-2013, 05:11 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi wilddave11,

Apologies that you're being inconvenienced by these problems. I'll take a look and attempt to reproduce them in-house.

Can you tell me if all these issues are occurring when using Portrait Professional as a plugin to CS6? Unfortunately the add suffix to file name only functions when using PP as a standalone application, as the saving is handled by CS6. Can you tell me if the issue is also occurring during standalone use?

For the crash upon returning to CS6, if the issue is reproducible, can you please PM me the crash report?

This issue seems like it may be related to Saved Application States, so can you please try the following and tell us if the issue persists:

1. In the finder view, go to /Library/Saved Application State (To view the Library in the Finder view, hold the Alt/Option key).
2. Look for the folder with portraitprofessional in its name.
3. Delete the files in this folder. Do not delete the entire folder.
4. Then right click/Ctrl+Click the folder itself and select Get Info.
5. In the Get Info screen, change the settings locate at the bottom next to your login from Read & Write to Read Only.

Can you let us know if the issue remains? If it does, I'll prioritise finding the cause and hopefully a resolution.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Arjun

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello wilddave11,

Sorry for the delay in response. We don't officially support Adobe Bridge, however, there may be settings that you can change to resolve those issues.

When you select "Edit In" Portrait Professional will remove certain options as it is in plugin mode and having several points where the user can save can cause untoward issues. However, you can enable the extra settings in Portrait Professional by opening it in Standalone mode, then going to settings and unchecking the Auto-Plugin Mode. This should give you access to the Save options under File when you open the image from Adobe Bridge. This should hopefully sidestep the file being overwritten.

We also have a new update available which has several fixes implemented. You can obtain it via Help> Check For updates when in the application.

Please let me know if this in any way helps and if it resolves the issue for you. Otherwise, I can provide a link to the previous build for you and investigate further.

Apologies again for the inconvenience and the delay in response.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.