• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Going straight from pic to editing
PP is an excellent program but there are a lot of times I just want to straighten or smooth out some skin without having to do the eye, nose, mouth deal. Can you make an option to go straight to editing with the picture? Like being able to edit a models back, legs. I understand there may be limitations but your program does a great job of skin smoothing. We all love you...really we doRolleyes

Hi jameszr,

You can do this already by disabling "Automatically Find Faces" and enabling the "Enhance Skin Area Only Button".

To do this follow these steps:
1. Open Portrait Professional.
2. On Mac, go to PortraitProfessional in the top left and click Preferences. On Windows, go to File> Settings.
3. Here uncheck the "Automatically Find Faces in Images" box and then check the "Show "Enhance Skin only" Button" box.

Now when you load in an image, no faces will be found and you can select the Enhance Skin Area only button. You can then mark up any skin area and Skin enhancements only will be applied to the selected area.

We hope this helps!

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(04-16-2013, 04:05 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi jameszr,

You can do this already by disabling "Automatically Find Faces" and enabling the "Enhance Skin Area Only Button".

2. On Mac, go to PortraitProfessional in the top left and click Preferences. On Windows, go to File> Settings.
3. Here uncheck the "Automatically Find Faces in Images" box and then check the "Show "Enhance Skin only" Button" box.

Now when you load in an image, no faces will be found and you can select the Enhance Skin Area only button. You can then mark up any skin area and Skin enhancements only will be applied to the selected area.

We hope this helps!

Arjun

Awwww you sly guys!!!! Thanks

(04-16-2013, 04:05 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi jameszr,

We hope this helps!

Arjun

It would be MUCH more user friendly if the "Enhance skin only" option was shown as soon as the image opens even if the "Auto faces" option was ticked.

E.g if editing a batch some images may show the person facing the camera in which case auto face detection is helpful but others may have the person facing away from the camera in which case face detection could be skipped by pressing "Enhance skin only"

(04-20-2013, 12:46 AM)leok Wrote: It would be MUCH more user friendly if the "Enhance skin only" option was shown as soon as the image opens even if the "Auto faces" option was ticked.

E.g if editing a batch some images may show the person facing the camera in which case auto face detection is helpful but others may have the person facing away from the camera in which case face detection could be skipped by pressing "Enhance skin only"

Hi,
I agree with that statement - it makes sense to offer the "enhance skin only" even when "auto face" option is turned on. In fact I did not see the relation between those two and was wondering why I did not find the button ...

So having "auto face" turned on, the button should be available when no face is found ...

Regards - MacSass

(04-20-2013, 04:51 PM)MacSass Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 12:46 AM)leok Wrote: It would be MUCH more user friendly if the "Enhance skin only" option was shown as soon as the image opens even if the "Auto faces" option was ticked.

Hi,
I agree with that statement - it makes sense to offer the "enhance skin only" even when "auto face" option is turned on. In fact I did not see the relation between those two and was wondering why I did not find the button ...

So having "auto face" turned on, the button should be available when no face is found ...

Regards - MacSass

I agree, shouldn't have to dig around...think of us as dummies, not programmers. :o)

(04-20-2013, 05:07 PM)jameszr1 Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 04:51 PM)MacSass Wrote:

Hi,

Regards - MacSass

I agree, shouldn't have to dig around...think of us as dummies, not programmers. :o)

I think both preferences could be removed. If the "skin only" button was always shown you wouldn't need to select that via a preference. The software could simply remember the users last choice which would also make the "auto face" preference redundant... though possibly some users would prefer the current system for face detection.

(04-21-2013, 12:06 AM)leok Wrote: I think both preferences could be removed. If the "skin only" button was always shown you wouldn't need to select that via a preference. The software could simply remember the users last choice which would also make the "auto face" preference redundant... though possibly some users would prefer the current system for face detection.

I do like the auto face detection - in most cases it works very well for my pictures and I just do some minor adjustments to the outlines (this is why I don´t like the outline adjustment being skipped since the latest update - see my other post).

Just it should show the "enhance skin only" button always as it might either not find a face (because there is none) or the user might just want to enhance skin only, although there actually is a face ...

Summary: Give the user flexibility and don´t outsmart him :-)

Regards - MacSass