• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment problem
What is up with this?
[Image: p1367823754-5.jpg]

Thanks
Set up...it didn't show on the 1st snip.
[Image: p1367848972-5.jpg]

Iris! Two ways to resolve this. 1. Disable eye control. 2. set the iris to smallest size.

Hi RaceDog,

It seems that this may be an issue with multiple instances of Face Sculpt changing the areas selected. Can you tell us if this was the first face you edited in this image or one of many? If possible can you send us an example to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun. If you could go to File> Save as Session and send us the resulting file, it would be invaluable in finding out the cause and resolution to this problem.

Sorry that this has affected your use of Portrait Professional, we're looking into it and will hopefully resolve the issue in an upcoming update. As William mentioned, a workaround for this is to disable eye controls and it should remove the "ghost" eye.

Apologies again and we'll keep you updated on the resolution.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(01-07-2013, 04:32 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi RaceDog,

It seems that this may be an issue with multiple instances of Face Sculpt changing the areas selected. Can you tell us if this was the first face you edited in this image or one of many? If possible can you send us an example to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun. If you could go to File> Save as Session and send us the resulting file, it would be invaluable in finding out the cause and resolution to this problem.

Sorry that this has affected your use of Portrait Professional, we're looking into it and will hopefully resolve the issue in an upcoming update. As William mentioned, a workaround for this is to disable eye controls and it should remove the "ghost" eye.

Apologies again and we'll keep you updated on the resolution.

Arjun
Arjun,

Thanks for the response. I believe this will happen on the first face chosen if the wrong one is selected (In many tries I have made on this image, usually the first is fine, but on one face, the first try did this as well)

I am at the office at this time, but when I get home later this afternoon, I will send what you need.

Also, while not too evident with these small images, it affects the mouth as well....there is also a general blurriness to the image that is not seen in single person images.

Thanks,
Tony

File size was too large to send.

The IQ of my group shots were not great (800ISO and slightly OOF with flouro lights and 2 LED light panels)...maybe that is the issue. I experiment with some better group shots and see if I still have the same problem.

Tony, if you could post a 100% cropped image for the area of concern, then we could help to take a look.

You could upload your saved session to a file transfer server like wetransfer.com. Then Arjun could just download.

Disclaimer: Use wetransfer.com at your own risk and I shall not be held liable to any infestation of viruses, worms or Trojan horses from the use of this third party file transfer site.

I am a new professional user... saw these artifacts the first time I used PP v11Studio (64-bit) on a single face portrait. I had ghost circle pupils and whitening artifacts out of place around the eyes. (I have been searching for someone with a similar question on the forums for some time today!) I have a big 75-person portrait assignment coming up. If I have to go back to Photoshop will take more time but be better result. I will try to get some 100% crops to show. Canon CR2 files high res from a 1DsMk3 (native 5750x3700-something, not all on the face, of course) as these things go. Just one face in my case. seems it happens if I do or do not adjust the points around the eyes.

I fixed the final on this one-shot assignment but a large multi-person shoot will be a bear to work on.

spooky, and many of the clients will notice.

will post example

jonathan7007

I am having the same problem with this "haloing" effect, if you want to call it that. I noticed this only happens on pictures with multiple people. It (usually) does not happen until you edit the third face, the fourth face, and so on. It (usually) does not happen on the first and second faces. My short-term workaround has been to edit two faces and save the picture file as a .tif. Then I reopen the file and edit two more faces and resave until I am done. There may be a better solution. I really hope so. For what its worth, this is my software information:

Application: Portrait Professional Studio
Edition: Studio Edition
Product code: PPmaxL-F-en-v11.3.4 / ZRaw-v1.3

I'd love some input from Anthropics if this problem has been duplicated or from other users who are seeing this issue. Thanks and good luck!