• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Upgrade?
Hello:

I am very happy with this software. I have the studio version 10. Can you give me a compelling reason to upgrade to 11? What are the features that made you take the plunge? Will I see an significant improvement in my workflow or images if I do upgrade and what would this improvement be?

I just want the people that are using the newer version to tell me why I should upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Orlando

Would be great if someone answered you. I would love to know!

(11-15-2012, 05:48 PM)orivera Wrote: Hello:

I am very happy with this software. I have the studio version 10. Can you give me a compelling reason to upgrade to 11? What are the features that made you take the plunge? Will I see an significant improvement in my workflow or images if I do upgrade and what would this improvement be?

I just want the people that are using the newer version to tell me why I should upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Orlando

A compelling reason not to upgrade is that v11 is so buggy it should not have been released. I advise you to stick with v10.
JoeKidd

I have been using V11 to edit some 200 photos. Yes, it is buggy in certain ways. V11.1.5 is better and of course with room for improvement. Skin detection can be improved. The areas I like most:

1. Automatic face detection. This is unimportant if you have only a few photos to edit. But I have 100s of photos to edit and this is a huge time saver. Note that face detection fails normally in group photos. But there is always a manual override, ie, back to v10 style. So, I have nothing to lose.

2. Interactive facial outline adjustment. You must turn on "View Before and After" to use this feature. Just move the mouse over to the "before image" and drag the outline point(s). This feature allows me to change the targeted face sculpt manually.

3. In images with multiple faces, I can "revisit" the edited faces as many times as I wish and continue with editing where I previously left off.

4. In multiple faces images, I can see the changes to every face when "Enter" is pressed.

5. Eye-bag control

Points 1 & 2 are the main reasons why I upgrade. The other points are nice to have.

Skin detection can be much improved. But there is manual override.

To decide on upgrade or not to upgrade, why not you download the trail and test it out. I wouldn't know the workflow of individual.

I hope the above helps.

Hi Orivera,

Unfortunately there were several issues present in the initial releases of Portrait Professional v11 as we added several major new features such as face detection/manager as well as Skin and Hair coloring to name a few.

However, we've resolved almost all the reported issues in recent updates and we're constantly working on resolving any issues and improving the key features of the software.

Regards

Arjun.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

I did upgrade and I must say I'm glad I did. The automatic face detection is truly time saving as posted above. This feature alone saves me the cost of the upgrade. I have not experienced any bugs or crashes so I will assume I got the latest update.

This software saves me so much time over using Photoshop for the same purpose is unbelievable. Still need Photoshop for other areas but for Portraits this is tops!

Thanks for the replies and help