• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade offer
I have a couple of comments about the Portrait Professional upgrade offer. I tried to find an alternate means of delivering these comments but the web site doesn’t appear to offer any direct access to company officials.

I own a copy of Portrait professional Studio for which I paid the same price as the current discount offer. You are offering new buyers the Studio 64 upgrade for $120 which is $60 more than the Studio option now. At the same time, you are offering me, an existing customer, an upgrade option for the Studio 64 for a price of $70. Your marketing department seems to have lost sight of the fact that existing customers are valuable and that the customary standard is to offer them a discount for upgrades. In this case, I would be happy to upgrade for $50. Note that I have been a customer less than a year.

One other perspective I would like to share concerns your marketing statements that suggest that Studio 64 is chiefly targeting professional photographers. In my case, I am a retired guy for whom photography is a hobby. I have just ordered a Nikon D800 which has a 36 megapixel sensor that produces RAW images around 75 Mb. I am chiefly interested in the Studio 64 upgrade because of concerns about my ability to use your software with images the D800 will produce. As a retiree, I live on a fixed income so a $20 shift in the cost of an upgrade ($50 instead of $70) is a big deal.

I look forward to hearing from someone and trust the upgrade offer will continue to be honored until I receive a response.

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade offer - CoastGuy - 02-19-2012, 04:07 AM
RE: Upgrade offer - williamting - 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: Upgrade offer - MacSass - 02-25-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Upgrade offer - CoastGuy - 02-25-2012, 02:48 AM