• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Baby portrait - which edit?
Hi.  This is my first attempt at using this software (which seems really good).  I've got a picture I recently took of my baby & have editted it for printing.  I have 2 versions, where I've varied some of the controls & would like some feedback before I select one for printing (or indeed if you have other suggestions).  Thanks.

Original
[Image: 2301098843_919d32469d.jpg]

Edit 1
[Image: 2319557118_beb9f81b95.jpg]

Edit 2
[Image: 2361409575_2891ab7b9c.jpg]

I'm new to all this & the portrait shot will be a gift so I'd be grateful for any feedback you can give me.

Scatterbrain

ETA: I'm loving this software btw.

Personally I prefer Edit #3 but then any choice is subjective. Lovely little girl BTW Smile I'm assuming it IS a little girl judging by the pink outfit.
Whichever Edit you choose to print, the result will depend on the quality of your printer, the type of printer (laser, inkjet, dye sublimation etc, choice of medium on which it's printed, printer output configuration chosen etc. etc.

scatterbrain Wrote:Hi. This is my first attempt at using this software (which seems really good). I've got a picture I recently took of my baby & have editted it for printing. I have 2 versions, where I've varied some of the controls & would like some feedback before I select one for printing (or indeed if you have other suggestions). Thanks.

Original
[Image: 2301098843_919d32469d.jpg]

Edit 1
[Image: 2319557118_beb9f81b95.jpg]

Edit 2
[Image: 2361409575_2891ab7b9c.jpg]

I'm new to all this & the portrait shot will be a gift so I'd be grateful for any feedback you can give me.

Scatterbrain

ETA: I'm loving this software btw.

I think #3 is the most natural and I like it best...

hal eisenberg

I like edit three the best as it is a little sharper and retains the features of this beautiful baby while slightly softening the skin. She's gorgeous!
j.

I'll be honest..........
I don't think pictures of baby's this age should be edited at all. If you edit all the baby pictures, when you'll look back in 20-30 years, that won't be her really.
If you are going to edit these pictures, save the originals.

I agree with saving originals, however since no camera really can visually give you exactly what you see with your own eyes...no matter how experienced a lighting person you are...I see no problem with putting someones face in the best light possible to show their beauty. I like number 3 best too...I do like the little more saturation on the clothing in number 2...so I would take the image into an editor and saturate the clothing a bit more....beautiful child in all three images.