• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photshop plugin / layer request
Love the new photoshop plugin capability. At present if I use photoshop to manipulate with portrait professional it does not create a separate layer. I am used to creating a duplicate layer and then using the plugin. Would be nice to have it automatically create a separate layer or give the user the option before applying the changes. Regards George

We will certainly think about it. One thing to note is that if you use the sculpting features, then your layer will not match up with the original photo, so if for instance you were intending to use the layer mask feature you will get much better results by simply using the extend and cut back brushes in Portrait Professional.

Tony

I understand.. Many times I do not sculpt - and use the layer mask feature in PS to perform subtle changes that I cannot do in PP.
Just a thought.. Thanx for considering-

Out of interest, what are the subtle changes you can't do in PP?

Tony

I too am glad about the PS plugin facility. But how do you apply the changes you make in PP to the original image you are editing in PS? From what I can see, you have to save a copy of the image either as a TIFF or a JPEG.

If you have launched PP as a plugin, you simply choose "Save and Close", the only option in the file menu to update your picture in Photoshop.

Tony

admin Wrote:If you have launched PP as a plugin, you simply choose "Save and Close", the only option in the file menu to update your picture in Photoshop.

Tony

Thanks for that - most helpful. It worked once, but I get this error message spring up and sometimes PP crashes. Any ideas?

[Image: error.jpg]

I too want to say thank you for the plugin. I love it.

Hello Calvert,

This is caused by pressing the "cancel" button in the plugin. After doing that the plugin quits but Portrait Professional continues to run with the image it received from Photoshop. However when saving the image from Portrait Professional the error is seen. This is fixed in later versions of Portrait Professional.

Gary