• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying PP
Be careful. Now that version 8 is out, you can find a "good deal" at RegNow but it turns out that it is version 6 they're selling. There is no way for you to know that until you pay and download. I'm in the process of trying to get a refund so that I can get version 8. In the meantime, I can't use the version 6 that I downloaded because if I launch the program I have to "activate" it and then they would be able to say that I've already used the program and have a valid reason to not refund my money.
RegNow also doesn't inform the buyer that they do NOT get free minor upgrades if purchased from them.
I'm teaching a portrait retouching class and I wanted to show them this fabulous program that would speed up their work compared to using photoshop for simple retouching, but I'm pretty much at a full stop waiting to see what will happen with the refund. I'm very frustrated about it. If I don't get a refund I'm going to find every user board that I can and warn them about RegNow selling old software. It doesn't seem right to me though I do take full responsibility for not verifying the version number before buying it. I'm usually right on top of things like this, but this one got by me. I realize that they are not really obligated to refund in this particular case since I had an obligation to know what I was buying. But it sure will be good public relations if they do.

Messages In This Thread
Buying PP - 4peenee - 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
RE: Buying PP - admin - 06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
RE: Buying PP - 4peenee - 06-08-2007, 02:41 AM
RE: Buying PP - admin - 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
RE: Buying PP - phkat - 09-13-2008, 11:42 PM
RE: Buying PP - phkat - 09-17-2008, 05:51 PM