• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth
I am new to this but have had trouble retouching teeth.

1. The whitening effect is artificial and the first two sliders don't seem to do anything.

2. When I try to remove reflections with the retouching brush the texture of the teeth becomes coarse and unattractive - not only where the brush is but through most of the mouth.

To change the amount of whitening, you need to go into Mouth and Nose Controls. Try changing the master slider to 0, that should remove all whitening.

The retouching brush is mainly for spots. You might be able to remove occasional problems in the mouth with it, but that's not what it is designed for.

Tony

But ................ Tony ..... you didn't say what it's designed for ............ an explanation would help !

admin Wrote:To change the amount of whitening, you need to go into Mouth and Nose Controls.  Try changing the master slider to 0, that should remove all whitening.

The retouching brush is mainly for spots.  You might be able to remove occasional problems in the mouth with it, but that's not what it is designed for.

Tony

I think it would be useful to have a teeth reflection control like you have for the eyes.

THe teeth whitening sliders in the mouth and Nose controls do not work well in my opinion.

When someone has already white teeth, the default sharpening add to much sharpenning and some strange affect append....Them, if I adjust the teeth, the lips change...

The teeth sliders should be totatally separate.....and with better default value.

Thanks !

(07-21-2011, 02:35 AM)roguerover Wrote: I am new to this but have had trouble retouching teeth.

1. The whitening effect is artificial and the first two sliders don't seem to do anything.

2. When I try to remove reflections with the retouching brush the texture of the teeth becomes coarse and unattractive - not only where the brush is but through most of the mouth.
I'm new as well, :-) I photoshoped teeth, worked great :-)

I'm not a fan of the PP tooth treatment. I take tooth sharpening in PP to zero - then I find it more effective to use an HSL layer in PhotoShop - I usually reduce saturation and bump the lightness - mask to taste.