• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving license key to text file?!
Question 
Last weekend I had to do a clean install of my system and re-install Portrait Professional. When I tried to activate with activation token, it refused saying something like, it has been already activated!

I had to open a support ticket to re-activate my copy! This is annoying & time consuming. I noticed that I can activated by loading the key from a text file (provided I have saved it earlier)!! Since I have looked everywhere within the menu items to figure out how to save the license  in a text file, but no luck.

Can someone show me how to do that?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Copy & paste the token to Notepad and "Save As" Portrait Professional Token .................

Roscoe Wrote:Copy & paste the token to Notepad and "Save As" Portrait Professional Token .................

Have you tried it yourself? Did it work, I mean, could you activate PP (clean install) by pointing to the text file?

Thanks

fotobyte Wrote:
Roscoe Wrote:Copy & paste the token to Notepad and "Save As" Portrait Professional Token .................

Have you tried it yourself? Did it work, I mean, could you activate PP (clean install) by pointing to the text file?

Thanks

Once you've saved it to a text file, when you first start PP you'll get the Activation Screen, copy and paste the token into the Activation Screen (from the Notepad text file you've already saved) and it will online activate. From the screen capture you posted I see it's your computer system Fingerprint. With the standard version that's not used, just the Token is required. Studio obviously works differently.

Hi,

I am afraid that if you do not have another activation on your token you do need to contact support to reinstall.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Leo Wrote:Hi,

I am afraid that if you do not have another activation on your token you do need to contact support to reinstall.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

How many activations does each token have ? I've used mine manybe 6-8 times over the last year or so and they've always worked.
The reason they've been used so frequently is because I re-install my O/S on a regular basis.

Hi Roscoe,

Re-installing your OS does not change your system fingerprint so it will not need another activation. It is only if your system fingerprint changes that you will use another activation.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

So Leo

I still did not get my answer, how do I "Load Key From File", more importantly, how do I save a "Key File", not token that every one is talking about "Key File"  (see screen capture).

I have saved the "Token" as a text file and in activation screen, pointed to the text file and got "No key data found" ! Please clarify.

Thanks

P.S. I have Portrait Professional Studio"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Leo Wrote:Hi Roscoe,

Re-installing your OS does not change your system fingerprint so it will not need another activation. It is only if your system fingerprint changes that you will use another activation.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Does it work the same way as Micro$oft'$ system ? In that up to 3 hardware changes can be made before Windoze has to be activated again ?